Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Zodiac Cosmic Sounds

Started by derek stitt, January 28, 2011, 08:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek stitt

Is there anybody out there that loves this shite as much as me? I feel so alone.

Neville Chamberlain

Tell me more about this shite!

NoSleep

derek stitt

I will tell you all I know

The album has 12 tracks, one for each sign of the zodiac. It is a spoken word come psychedelia piece of nonsense circa late 1960's with lovely use of the moog and even better use of talking bollocks. Most of the album is on youtube. My favourite track is Gemini The cool eye.

I have terrible taste in music.

BlodwynPig

Is this Mort Garson by any chance. I have the LP tucked away somewhere gathering dust. If I remember correctly its tracks are (aptly) based on the signs of the zodiac and the music is Moogish...just bought a book on electronic music, and am now discovering a whole host of Moog vinyl (whilst avoiding stuff like Moog plays the Beatles)

BlodwynPig

^as was posted - just beat me to it...

NoSleep

Quote from: derek stitt on January 28, 2011, 09:30:24 AMMy favourite track is Gemini The cool eye.
And I'll bet you're a Gemini.
Quote from: derek stitt on January 28, 2011, 09:30:24 AMI have terrible taste in music.
A common trait of Geminis.

derek stitt

No not a Gemini but if these recent changes to star signs are to be believed I am an Aries now.

Yes it is Mort Garson. Really am quite pleased people have this and on vinyl as well.  Enoch Light anyone....

BlodwynPig

Enoch Light, think I have that downloaded at home. I have tonnes of psych and oddities both on vinyl and now as digital. Too much to listen to, even in a lifetime. Listening to Bruce Haak at the moment - some good stuff, but not all of it. You should check out Lord Krishna Von Goloka by Sergius Golowin and Tarot by Walter Wegmuller.