Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

O (new) Superman

Started by Phil_A, January 31, 2011, 12:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik Drou

New logo revealed.

I can't say I'm that keen on the different texture and extra lines on the 'S', but it's the sort of thing I get used to by the time the film comes out. It also suggests that there'll be more Kryptonian stuff going on in this one, which also doesn't interest me that much. Yup, I've bumped a months-old thread to say how uninterested I am.

I wonder if there'll be some pat thing at the end of this movie which justifies the name, a bit like The Dark Knight. Lawrence Fishburne going "truly he....is a man...of steel" CUT TO BLACK.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Dead kate moss on November 10, 2011, 06:44:11 PM
why has the part been recast?

Because Routh was cast as a replacement/lookalike for Reeve in a direct sequel to the first two Superman films.  In a reboot keeping him would be confusing, as much as anything else, implying a relationship to Superman Returns that isn't there.

Having said that, I think he was a good enough lookalike for Reeve in the scenes that appeared in the trailer but not many others.  Whether he was a good Clark Kent is another matter - I personally don't think he had the gravity of his predecessor, and looked a lot younger (even though I gather he wasn't).

Replies From View

Quote from: Nik Drou on April 01, 2012, 05:36:28 PM
I wonder if there'll be some pat thing at the end of this movie which justifies the name, a bit like The Dark Knight. Lawrence Fishburne going "truly he....is a man...of steel" CUT TO BLACK.

"Through this entire film, I've been wondering what he is a man of.  And now I know:  he is a man of steel."