Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Film Club: MEET DAVE: Film4 - Sunday at 7.10pm

Started by Zero Gravitas, February 04, 2011, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Dead kate moss

They came to save their home planet, but they found something more important - DA FUNK.

I suppose to be fair, that was a stereotypical but positive gay character wasn't it? At least the milf and her son who the film forgot about half way through turn out ok with their new dad who we only met once.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Zero Gravitas

I reckon the captain was sexually abused by his father, hence the anal fixation.

MEET DAVE followed by The General's Daughter, an inspired double bill in many ways.

I almost think it would have benefited from having no dramatic drivers at all, just Dave getting into one inhuman mishap after another.

A touching and hilarious piece, nevertheless.

ziggy starbucks

I'm watching the final hour again on Film4 +1 just to get the all the little background jokes I missed the first time round

Zero Gravitas

What did the boy touch him with to power him back up?

Zero Gravitas

Tokyo Sexwhale

Sorry - missed this - can we do it again on Film 4 +1?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Subtle Mocking

This is on again tonight at 7.05 for those who missed out.

SteveDave

In case anyone's interested there's a MEET DAVE space hopper for sale (still boxed) in the Cancer Research charity shop in Southgate, North London. I hope that when you inflate it it's DAVE/EDDIE's face & not just a normal space hopper with the legend MEET DAVE emblazoned across it.