Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Film Club: MEET DAVE: Film4 - Sunday at 7.10pm

Started by Zero Gravitas, February 04, 2011, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Gravitas

I rather enjoyed the image of him shitting loose change. Obviously a commentary on fiat currency.

Depressed Beyond Tables

The Numbskulls never referenced the colon, as far as I recall.

Goldentony

WELCOME....TO OLD NAVY.

This is the best Sunday i've had in months. I really hope that horrible bully kid gets his comeuppance from MEET DAVE-MING CHANG

Goldentony

I AM SURE THE OTHER BUTTCRACKS WOULD DISAPPROVE OF YOUR BEHAVIOR

Dead kate moss

I don't know what will come first, a rapping granny or some testicular injury. Probably more product placement and latent homophobia, but who's counting?

Zero Gravitas

You've changed my whole world with this film GT I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

^Shut it unbeliever!

Depressed Beyond Tables

That Britney bit was a bit dated. It won't be as funny or relevant to people watching this in 50 years time.

Dead kate moss

Goldentony

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 06, 2011, 07:46:17 PM
You've changed my whole world with this film GT I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

^Shut it unbeliever!

I just want to spread the joy as far as possible. The Ming Changs will no doubt be amusing us for generations.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Does this spaceship have an erectable penis?

Actually, don't tell me.

NoSleep

ziggy starbucks

Clearly the character of Data from star trek was inspired by MEET DAVE

mycroft

Some profound stuff on the nature of Love, there.

I do like Murphy's non-blinking performance, though.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I'm digging the soundtrack. Even if I had no picture or dialogue I'm pretty sure I could tell what was happening and what is going to happen - which lets me drift in and out of the plot and focus on popcorn.

Goldentony

I get the feeling that Meatloaf cameo is going to end up playing a bigger role as the plot continues

mycroft

DAVE and the tramp would have been moved on from outside McDonald's by some cunty Napoleon-syndromed manager. Score one against the film's realism.

NoSleep

There's never been a portrayal of a New York cop's devotion to duty quite like this.

Dead kate moss

Nathans!

I've never heard of them, but I'm sure they paid are appropriate for the scene!

ziggy starbucks

"the female, give it to her"

captain, engage the emergency plasma phallic extension unit

Depressed Beyond Tables

I'd hate to see the crew of this spaceship when they're travelling at close to the speed of light if they have trouble with a rollercoaster.

NoSleep

Zero Gravitas

That was a very high standard of bathroom joke.
(Advert NS)

mycroft

Number Three is fucking gorgeous. I'd like to take her to warp speed.

Oooh, IMDB says she was in Bring It On as well. Now THAT'S a classic!

EDIT - Trailer there for No Strings Attached. In France its title is Sex Friends, which is way better.

FUCK OFF Confused dot com woman!

Goldentony

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on February 06, 2011, 08:01:40 PM
I'd hate to see the crew of this spaceship when they're travelling at close to the speed of light if they have trouble with a rollercoaster.

He's built to space standards, not this ridiculous Earth's gravity and force. Custom built, abiding by the laws of DAVEONOMICS

small_world

The cops are the most unbelievable thing in this movie...

Laughs all round though so far though. Eddie Murphy is excellent isn't he. I should really check out some of his other recent stuff.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Murphy should have performed all roles in this film.

Zero Gravitas

I hear Pluto Nash was a tour de force of something.