Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bits of films that take you aback slightly

Started by Nelson Swillie, February 04, 2011, 04:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson Swillie

Milo's avatar reminded me of this...
How many other people were a bit baffled first time they watched Watership Down, by the extremely unusual style of animation in the opening few minutes? I still recall, nearly thirty years later, that strange feeling of "it doesn't look like this on the box" that accompanied the first viewing. In a strange way, it's a shame they didn't carry over that weird, ornate style to the rest of the film, but I'm guessing that would have meant commercial suicide.

Also, the dog having a gaudily animated piss and the seagull rasping "PISS OFF!" in the voice of Max Bialystock caused a few raised eyebrows over the years.

TedMaul101

How about in the movie 'Congo' ,when Delroy Lindo's General says that no-one in his country "wanted to be seen in an American movie being cruel to a Gorilla" Fourth wall,much?

Goldentony

Ah Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure, that takes me back!! Ahahahaha!!

Nelson Swillie

Wolfie Smith's prospective father in law as Plato?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The opening of MEET DAVE, and everything after that.

Phil_A

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on February 04, 2011, 04:20:43 PM
Milo's avatar reminded me of this...
How many other people were a bit baffled first time they watched Watership Down, by the extremely unusual style of animation in the opening few minutes? I still recall, nearly thirty years later, that strange feeling of "it doesn't look like this on the box" that accompanied the first viewing. In a strange way, it's a shame they didn't carry over that weird, ornate style to the rest of the film, but I'm guessing that would have meant commercial suicide.

Originally the film had a different director, John Hubley, one of the old-school Disney animators. But unforunately he died in 1977, and that opening sequence was the only part of the film he completed.

small_world

Someone should do the main part of the film in the same style.

Fuck it I'm going to... Dibs!!!

And copyright...

Zero Gravitas

You need to do a bagsies to claim copyright ownership, dibs only covers public rental release profits and tie-in products.

Custard

Santa's Boyfriend

Custard

Santa's Boyfriend

I assume that didn't make it into the American version?