Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaBFax [renamed]

Started by Neil, February 05, 2011, 11:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I really could do with your help and talent, for the last-minute return of (spam) tomorrow night.  There will hopefully be a ceefax parody (CaBFax?).  Last time, I knocked up programme menus, but all in black and white.  If someone can do me a template that's a bit fancier, and more authentic, that'd be ace.  And also supply me with the font they use.

If you want to bash up some actual screens, too, that'd be great.  I've asked a couple of people to provide the text, and hopefully they'll have time, but if you want to bang some together today, please do.  I need them by tonight. 

Anything else you can think of would be great.

The format will be 320X240 so it needs to be readable at that size.  Last time, I put them together myself, at the absolute last minute, and they looked like this:

I know you lot can do better, in terms of design and content.

Neil

Think about what else is on ceefax. News, trivia, maybe some limericks?  Anything you have, or can come up with, that us related to CaB or to British comedy would be excellent. Short interview with comedians?  If you can just do text that's ok, then I can hopefully get it fit into the templates that I'm hoping you also design. Very last minute, but let's see what we come up with by tonight.

An tSaoi

What's the list of times and programmes this year?

I'll see if I can find some fonts and stuff; in the meantime this site might be useful for inspiration?

http://www.ceefax.tv/txtmaster.php?page=199&channel=bbc1&search_string=&all_subs=off&textmode=&fontsize=1

Repentia

Two free fonts for teletype here.

You want general parody of concept, yeah? A menu, someone typing in the page selection, and then browsing the page, yes?

Do you want background muzak? This is the BBC reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rxDsEmmtw

Neil

No idea yet, An.  Won't know that till late tonight, or even till sometime tomorow.

Repentia, I have test card music to use on the vid, but if you want to make a selfcontained one, go for it.  The ones I will be making will have Goldentony doing a continuity announcer over the top of them again, but as I say, if you want to make something self-contained, go for it.

ziggy starbucks

Neil's suggested i post a possible template if anyone's interested

The font used is Arial size 10.5

Repentia

Perfect, Ziggy, thanks for that. Right then, better get on with it.

ziggy starbucks

if anyone interested has photoshop or gimp, here's a photoshop file template for another ceefax news page. Just open it and change the text layers to something funny

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6fzuda

its a .psd file. It should open in gimp as well, if it doesn't there is a plug in available[nb]I've never used gimp[/nb]

This is the image its based on

Miles

Don't know if it's of any use, but here is this thing, rehashed from my final round thrashing by Ziggy, many moons ago;

Neil

That'd be great, thank you Miles.  Can anyone fill it in?

Milo

This thing might have scope for amusement:

ziggy starbucks

I need a girlfriend

If it's not too late, this should be a reasonably authentic Teletext font. Set the font size to 8 and it should be the correct line height an' shit. (also turn off anti-aliasing)

Phil_A

I ended up using this font in the end, cos Paint Shop Pro only lets you use TrueType fonts for some reason.
http://www.fontspace.com/andrew-bulhak/modeseven

Neil

I really need to get the second night of (spam) all packaged up and finished, as I quickly forget how all the conversion software works, and I want to move on to something else.  There was one video that was not finished in time, and needs a few more of these screens.  A few people submitted Xmas-themed videos, and so I need some Xmas-themed CaBFax screens too, if poss.  Would be great to get this finished.  Thanks.