Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:55:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World of Goo (PC Game)

Started by Big Jack McBastard, February 06, 2011, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_JfkzPwww

Goo eh? Can't move for the stuff round these parts, it's was all over my telly just a moment ago but I tore myself away to pour some into your eyes.

Goo can be energetic, stringy, sticky, even sleepy and more, you can attach balloons to it, make bridges and towers out of it. Goo likes pipes and wants nothing more than to spread and you may well be just the slimy sort to get Goo on it's way.

Originally knocked out for the Wii it's *ahem* wee (64Mb of so), but there's plenty of it. It's a simple enough idea, but then it ramps up the variety and some great physics comes into play. It sort of feels like a million other building/physics games you may have played online but it's got so much more to offer, looks lovely and is insanely addictive and has many frantic moments of building and rearranging in order to get as much to the exit as you can.

It quickly gets to the point of "No blob left behind on my watch!" and it's with a slightly heavy heart you cut loose a few drops of dead weight so you can escape Chapter 1 to see the rest of the world.

I got Crysis a few days ago and have already played this more..

It has been out for a while but totally slipped by my radar and obviously it's available, well, wherever you might happen upon it you filthy pirate.

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on February 06, 2011, 07:55:27 PM
Originally knocked out for the Wii

Pssst it was on the PC first

Yes lovely little game. Apparently the iPad version is the definitive one (just because the multitouch screen makes it more immediate than the PC or Wii versions). It's currently £7 on Steam and genuinely worth every penny IMHO

Big Jack McBastard

Oh I thought the Wii got it first by a hair, well whatever, alarmingly good game for a 5 minute download at any rate. The market of dinky games is starting to get a real presence what with Super Meat Boy getting big praise and stark little gems like Limbo.