Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Renewing Xbox Live

Started by Neil, February 07, 2011, 08:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I've wasted bloody hours on this now.  At the minute, there's an offer to renew Xbox Live for 40% off, with two free Arcade games.  This is perfect timing, as my membership has just run out, and I want to clobber some mother-fuckers on Kinect Sports Boxing.

However, no debit card will work on the payment screen.  Tried my Mum's credit card, same deal.  Googling suggests a) it's wide-spread and b) they just keep the details on file, and then auto-recharge, even if you don't want them to.

So how else can I get the discount?  They say 'redeem code', but I guess that's when you buy it for full price in the shops?  How do I get it for the 22 quid they're offering it for, instead of the 40 bloody quid I'll probably have to end up paying? 

Zero Gravitas

Did you make sure there's a space in the post code?

Neil

Yeah.  Tried a ton of different things.  I wondered if you could buy it with xbox points, but evidently that's not possible.  "Gamesbites" do it for 35 quid, but they look dodgy.

MojoJojo

Am I only the person who finds that when they try to cancel some xbox type thing, it just sends you to a 404.

I signed up to the Indie game dev thing about 16months ago...

Neil

Finally given in, and tried to register on their site for 40 quid.  Same problem.  They're always completely useless gits when it comes to debit/credit cards, for some reason.  I'll just have to buy a code in Game tomorrow.

Big Jack McBastard

I've seen supermarkets charge less than GAME for this sort of thing, or hell buy it online rather than continuing chucking money in their bloody coffers.

The lumbering profit whores need no more customers.

Neil

Well, I had a look around, and Game actually seemed to be doing a decent offer, so I got it from there.

If anyone else needs to renew their membership, they're currently doing 12 months for 29.99, as long as you buy anything else in the store.  That includes pre-owned games such as Fifa 97, which goes for 99p.

Then I got home and sucessfully battered some children.  Actually, the table tennis seems like a bit more fun online, as there isn't that much skill to online Kinect boxing.

wheatgod

Mine is set to renew automatically, without my permission, and I can't find any option to make it stop.

Looks like I'm in for life, lads.

Neomod

you need to phone them to cancel auto renew.