Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: NoSleep on January 25, 2018, 10:19:34 AM
That's a great cover; one of my favourites. The whole packaging is based on what you would expect to find with a CDR in a jewel case (apart from the actual CD).

what can i say? by comparison i love this cover:

alan nagsworth

I've said it once and I'll say it again, regarding a bunch of the last submissions in this thread: you cunts have got fuck all clue about what makes a bad album cover.

BlodwynPig

Seems rather inappropriate, at least with the title "reckless love"

xmxmxmxmxmx

Part time rapper and full time prick Tyga has a new album coming, reckons hes "been wanting to make this album for a while now but didn't have the confidence and the story to express my true emotions." Considering every single song he's released to date has been about getting bitches or getting money or getting faded I was intrigued...

Here's the NSFW album cover - Fucking terrible or fucking great? I'm undecided.

I assume he's matured into fucking bitches who look like Tigers..almost like Tygas, you could say. Like he's fucking himself. I bet thats what it is. I'm actually gonna listen.

xmxmxmxmxmx

Lovely asshole though, you have to admit. If you zoom in... I found 260% to be my sweet spot.

rue the polywhirl

Honestly, it's terrible and looks full of illness. I mean... woohoo, her pants are dropping ohno it looks like a giant tiger tapeworm and a tiger paramecium swimming around a stoma, pull them back up. Spinal Tap for 21st century rap.

Mini

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 29, 2018, 11:23:46 AM
Don Van Vliet bootleg

Yes! That character is scary enough as it is even without using Alice Cooper font...

SteveDave

Jesus wept. I've just seen the cover for "Rare Birds" by Jonathan Wilson. My eyes are aching now.

purlieu

kittens

Quote from: SteveDave on March 08, 2018, 09:16:30 AM
Jesus wept. I've just seen the cover for "Rare Birds" by Jonathan Wilson. My eyes are aching now.

that cover is great! i almost bought it yesterday on the strength of the cover alone

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 29, 2018, 11:23:46 AM
Don Van Vliet bootleg

"Straw man has just made his mark, and crumbled"

bgmnts

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on January 01, 2018, 02:22:20 PM
Is there a prog album with a pleasing to the eye cover apart from the best Deans?

JoeyBananaduck

That owl looks seriously pissed off. But then if I had to shit out a mouse skeleton I'd be pissed off too. Oh hang on, they vomit them don't they? NM

Camel's The Snow Goose (if that's what it's called) has a nice cover.

Mantle Retractor

What's this monstrosity? It's just popped up on my iTunes New Music bit. Cocoa Sugar by Young Fathers it would seem.

lazyhour

That's great! A nod to the extreme 'black' imagery of Grace Jones' LP covers, perhaps?

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on March 19, 2018, 05:06:47 PM
What's this monstrosity? It's just popped up on my iTunes New Music bit. Cocoa Sugar by Young Fathers it would seem.

i dont remember True Stories being like this

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: lazyhour on March 19, 2018, 05:48:30 PM
That's great! A nod to the extreme 'black' imagery of Grace Jones' LP covers, perhaps?

Reminds me more of Waldemar Swierzyand's Midnight Cowboy poster

and maybe The Blue Nile's Hats

colacentral

Brought the Residents' Cube-E cowboys to mind for me:

itsfredtitmus

Has the residents' clown dick album cover been posted

DangledTeeth

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. If it has, it deserves another placement:

Too many things about this I dislike: horrible, muddy watercolour effect of the large star. A gliding pencil sharpener with heavy motion blur. An obscure stack of pound coins (or similar) on the left of the horizon. An airbrushed glowing blast of desert sand contrasted with the silly shadow cast across a cosmic projection. Bland foreground shadow with no harmony between the positioning of silhouettes - I suppose it's meant to give the impression that a couple of them have trailed behind due to being enthralled by the vastness of the landscape, could arguably work without the flag. Album title directly above the last word of the band's name.

wosl

Quote from: purlieu on March 12, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
More Namlook

Proper burst out laughing at this one.  Looks like a meeting of the Jocky Wilson appreciation society.  Cheers.

purlieu

It's a bloody good album, too.

BlodwynPig

phantom_power

Quote from: DangledTeeth on March 26, 2018, 09:27:50 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before. If it has, it deserves another placement:

Too many things about this I dislike: horrible, muddy watercolour effect of the large star. A gliding pencil sharpener with heavy motion blur. An obscure stack of pound coins (or similar) on the left of the horizon. An airbrushed glowing blast of desert sand contrasted with the silly shadow cast across a cosmic projection. Bland foreground shadow with no harmony between the positioning of silhouettes - I suppose it's meant to give the impression that a couple of them have trailed behind due to being enthralled by the vastness of the landscape, could arguably work without the flag. Album title directly above the last word of the band's name.

The word "FRUIT" is clearly the worst bit. It looks like it was added on at the last minute using MS Paint by their nan

BlodwynPig

I think I bought that album because the name and artwork suggested a cosmic rock album. Fucking Danish indie rock shite instead.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: purlieu on March 26, 2018, 10:40:53 PM
It's a bloody good album, too.
All the track titles appear to be Pink Floyd puns, too. I admire their bloody-mindedness for keeping it going through 11 albums.