Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porter Dimi

Oh dear god. Poor Brian.

daf

Thought there was something odd about Brian on that album cover (different 'texture' to the others)

I'm pretty sure it's cut, pasted and airbrushed up the wazoo from this photo :

Glebe

I foresee that Photoshopped Brian head becoming the next CaB meme...

purlieu

PaulTMA

Can anyone remember who was responsible for the weird album cover from about 3-4 years ago, some Pitchfork-approved thing that looked like yellow and pink goo with some kind of metal clamps attached to it?  Everyone reckoned it looked disturbing.  Don't know how to google for it.

Ferris

Pebble_Mill

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 21, 2018, 11:20:39 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W-GAMvyRovU

Thanks, thats going to be stuck in my head all day now.

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 17, 2018, 10:53:27 PM
Can anyone remember who was responsible for the weird album cover from about 3-4 years ago, some Pitchfork-approved thing that looked like yellow and pink goo with some kind of metal clamps attached to it?  Everyone reckoned it looked disturbing.  Don't know how to google for it.

Sex Swing by Sex Swing

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: purlieu on May 17, 2018, 07:28:03 PM

brick wall with thing that looks like its from a styx cover

Ferris

^both absolute stinkers. What were they thinking.

Porter Dimi

A crap cover for a crap album

purlieu

I've not heard anything from it yet but I've read a few people saying bad things about it... Might have to check it out on Spotify before purchasing.

Glebe

I just saw that advertised in the window of Tower Records tonight.

kalowski

Quote from: Porter Dimi on May 25, 2018, 12:24:57 PM

I'd expect nothing less from a bunch of jokers that use a V in place of a U. Are they ancient Romans? No they fucking aren't.

Porter Dimi

Quote from: purlieu on May 25, 2018, 12:43:29 PM
I've not heard anything from it yet but I've read a few people saying bad things about it... Might have to check it out on Spotify before purchasing.

Some parallels with Imagine Dragons. Mostly sounds like music composed for laptop adverts.

asids

Quote from: purlieu on May 25, 2018, 12:43:29 PM

I liked their first two albums, but this one is shite, sadly.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Porter Dimi on May 25, 2018, 12:24:57 PM

Amateur remix uploaded to datpiff, or something

Ferris

It's designed to look good on a smartphone screen, so it looks shite up close.

olliebean

It doesn't exactly not look shite on a smartphone screen, though.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kalowski on May 26, 2018, 03:53:00 PM
I'd expect nothing less from a bunch of jokers that use a V in place of a You. Are they ancient Romans? No they fucking aren't.

It's not even that deep.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 27, 2018, 10:46:27 AM
It's not even that deep.

Quote from: kalowski on May 26, 2018, 03:53:00 PM
I'd expect nothing less from a bunch of jokers that use a V in place of a You. Are they ancient Romans? No they fucking aren't.

Dunno if yous are already aware of this, but in case not; the 'V' was inserted to help narrow down Google searches for the band. It's a primarily a practical solution, not the old-timey affectation yous interpret it as. Of course you could argue why not call yourself something more googlable in the first place, but still. Worth mentioning.

ajsmith2

Also worth mentioning is that before CHVRCHES were formed, Lauren Mayberry was the cover star of one of the most subtly amusing record sleeves of all time.

PaulTMA

I want CHVRCHES to get even more famous so I can sell the library book in the above picture on eBay 'as touched by Lauren Mayberry'

daf