Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

marquis_de_sad

Maurice Yeatman

That's it, I won't be taking Lieutenant Pigeon seriously again.

VaginaSimpson

Fucking hell. Has anyone posted the Brian Eno/John Cale album cover yet? Can you? I don't have the facilities. It's basically Eno and Cale's faces separated by swords that looks like they were taken from clip art. Astonishingly shit. Either they were low on funds or some twat convinced them he was a great artist who could use all the new technology, took their money then shat this out and ran:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrong_Way_Up

The music is good but the mix is a bit nuts. Earwax meltingly gauche and high frequencied to fuck. Yes that was English.

DJ Bob Hoskins

I've always hated that cover too, but I have to admit it's a vaguely clever visual pun in that the artwork has no right way up.

purlieu

Quote from: Johnny Textface on September 04, 2018, 09:37:06 PM
It's not *that* bad. It's good because it's funny.
Bet they're pissing themselves.
Oh God yeah. I always find it odd that a lot of people seem to think Muse aren't at least somewhat self-aware. When they take themselves too seriously it's pretty embarrassing, but they're also incredibly good at being silly. Any money they're just into synthwave and went "wouldn't it be funny if we did an album cover like that only with us on?"

Quote from: VaginaSimpson on September 27, 2018, 08:47:11 PM
Fucking hell. Has anyone posted the Brian Eno/John Cale album cover yet? Can you? I don't have the facilities. It's basically Eno and Cale's faces separated by swords that looks like they were taken from clip art. Astonishingly shit. Either they were low on funds or some twat convinced them he was a great artist who could use all the new technology, took their money then shat this out and ran:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrong_Way_Up

The music is good but the mix is a bit nuts. Earwax meltingly gauche and high frequencied to fuck. Yes that was English.

The re-release had a different cover, as if to make amends

Maurice Yeatman

Another bottle of wine and I might post this in the Great Album Covers thread.

haha i literally just came here to post that. it's amazing

PlanktonSideburns

Country life is suiting Richard herring well I see

Custard

Donny couldn't be arsed showing up, but least the tractor did!

https://imgur.com/a/IcNgP70

(It's really hard to find a good copy of this cover online)

Gradual Decline

Glebe

The world's genuinely fucked now.

samadriel

Ferris

BlodwynPig

Can't go wrong with a hippo on a cover

Pauline Walnuts

Sir Cliff's just unleashed his 7" single.

B side = Schoolboy Crush

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That  Sparks Album cover is perfectly acceptable.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 17, 2018, 10:20:43 PM
That  Sparks Album cover is perfectly acceptable.

as are all Hippo album covers - that was my point.

Crabwalk

Some quality typography there.

Absorb the anus burn

buzby

Quote from: Crabwalk on October 19, 2018, 10:30:38 AM

Some quality typography there.
It "features artwork from award-winning photographer Wolfgang Tillmans", apparently.
Any of you Londoners want to venture a guess for the location of the shoot? Those houses look pretty diistinctive.

gilbertharding

Quote from: thraxx on October 17, 2018, 10:26:39 PM
Robert Plant has got form for shit album covers though.

I can't tell... did they literally approach Hipgnosis at half past four on a Friday afternoon, or did someone in Percy's team just think "How hard can it be?" and knock this up themselves, pocketing the fee?

buzby

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 19, 2018, 12:25:41 PM
I can't tell... did they literally approach Hipgnosis at half past four on a Friday afternoon, or did someone in Percy's team just think "How hard can it be?" and knock this up themselves, pocketing the fee?
Designed by Percy himself with photographer Michael Hoppen.