Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltysnacks

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 01, 2018, 07:43:34 PM
Have we done Robert Palmer yet?

Quite literally in an alley with a woman presumably called Sally with very little discreet sneaking of her through this partition occurring.

Surely that's a young Ed Furlong?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 01, 2018, 08:41:54 PM
I like that.

Fair enough. It looks half arsed to me... especially in 1983. Fonts all over the shop.

buzby

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 01, 2018, 05:28:28 PM
The person who made that has already been informed and corrected it:

Quote from: Nightjar on November 01, 2018, 05:31:01 PM
Excuse me, but I did not edit the image after I was informed the arrow point was a little awry.

I was challenged on another forum to locate where the picture was taken and it took me about three seconds.

I took a quick screenshot, edited it in Preview, realised my mistake and corrected it quite literally before time began.

So quickly in fact that I still haven't realised I did it.

Also, that's my manor.

Don't tell your grandmother how to suck cock.

So there.

Bloody cheek.
Thanks to both of you for answering the question and posting it here. So it's the Cheltenham Estate by Trellick Tower? I thought I had seen those terraced houses before somewhere.

Glebe

chveik

BlodwynPig

A nice pear apple

Bizarrely opting for pretty much the same artwork for his follow-up

BlodwynPig

Ralf (Nowy) appears on this oddity too

a duncandisorderly

have we had this one? this version without the bloke's arm & boxing glove covering her furry bit:

& the released version:

NoSleep

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 12, 2018, 10:54:59 PM
have we had this one? this version without the bloke's arm & boxing glove covering her furry bit:

& the released version:

Yeah (1st page) but the img link has broken.

Quote from: NoSleep on February 11, 2011, 06:22:55 PM

Smell The Glove.

Spoon of Ploff

I really liked this cover, but time has passed and it now maketh me cringe:

I'll still give Strange Times a pass... but only just:

ajsmith2

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 13, 2018, 09:25:55 AM
I really liked this cover, but time has passed and it now maketh me cringe:

I'll still give Strange Times a pass... but only just:

I was always particularly put off by The Chameleons album art aesthetic. A that kind of a 'creepy picture on a wall round your Aunts flat in 1987' dark fantasia vibe they've got going on always puts me in a despond.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 13, 2018, 10:21:05 AM
I was always particularly put off by The Chameleons album art aesthetic. A that kind of a 'creepy picture on a wall round your Aunts flat in 1987' dark fantasia vibe they've got going on always puts me in a despond.

100% agree. Also 'Script of the Bridge', despite not being made of any bad words, is one heck of a bad title.

popcorn

On the strength of his appearance on the Adam Buxton podcast I've just read Thomas Dolby's autobiography. (Workmanlike writing but interesting chap and interesting life.) Which led me to this:

buzby

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 13, 2018, 10:21:05 AM
Their artwork was made by their guitarist Reg Smithies. A few years ago he started a project to redraw all the Chameleons sleeve art and sell limited-edition prints of them via his website regoid.com (which has gone now - link to Wayback machine archive) but he seemed to lose interest about 2015.

Just looking through the New Releases section on Spotify.  Clean Bandit have a new album out.

Dear oh dear. 

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 02, 2018, 09:30:39 AM
  Clean Bandit have a new album out. Dear, oh dear.

Works perfectly well as a standalone statement.

Ferris

I always thought both Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat had rubbish covers.

holyzombiejesus

Remember when we had that debate about whether the writing on another of his shit sleeves was his handwriting or a font?

imitationleather

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 02, 2018, 09:30:39 AM
Just looking through the New Releases section on Spotify.  Clean Bandit have a new album out.

Dear oh dear. 

Designed on a Microsoft Surface?

Crabwalk

Hey, did you nick this from my recently posted albums of the year list?

Either way, it's a quality sleeve you cheeky sod.

alan nagsworth

yeah nah soon as i saw crabwalk post this i thought "that's a fucking great cover". how many times will people get it wrong in this thread?

Phil_A

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 19, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

This is particularly creepy if you imagine it's his rapist character from Bad Timing.

Keebleman

Quote from: Phil_A on December 20, 2018, 06:57:13 PM
This is particularly creepy if you imagine it's his rapist character from Bad Timing.

Creepier still if you imagine he is licking his fingers after eating a bunny rabbit.

Ferris

Glebe