Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 08, 2019, 09:13:31 PM
I know we're all having fun and all, but can we please, please, PLEASE try, when posting images - especially on this thread, to set the width limit so the image appears on the screen properly?

Remember: [ IMG width=300 ]. It's easy.

Lol, can't afford a decent sized screen?

gilbertharding

Ferris

Custard

Marvin's dead? Has he got a brother or a sister or cousin or something? He has?!

Great title. As his brother was Marvin Gaye, you see?

I love the sheer gall of covering What's Going On as the album closer, too

Died 2001. Dunno if his dad shot him, though

ToneLa

😂

gilbertharding

Thanks to Chartmusic Podcast for alerting me to this gem:

purlieu

gilbertharding

Now that is a shame.

I presume the intention was a Hipgnosis pastiche, perhaps the gatefold of 10cc's How Dare You? album. But they would have taken care to photograph and light it properly, instead of doing a shit photoshop collage.

Nice typeface though, even if it's too big and in the way: https://www.flickr.com/groups/stymie/pool/

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 05, 2019, 12:04:55 PM
Now that is a shame.

I presume the intention was a Hipgnosis pastiche, perhaps the gatefold of 10cc's How Dare You? album. But they would have taken care to photograph and light it properly, instead of doing a shit photoshop collage.

Nice typeface though, even if it's too big and in the way: https://www.flickr.com/groups/stymie/pool/

I also thought of How Dare You.

The butler in the white coat on the right is also the heavy breather in the phone cabin on the back cover.

Ferris

alan nagsworth

This is almost worse than Pere Ubu's "Worlds in Collision", which I would consider to be one of the most awful album covers of all time. I'm informed the left side of the gatefold has a Zippo lighter from which this huge flame is igniting. Probably want to be careful next time you fill that thing up lads.

Ferris

Quote from: alan nagsworth on April 16, 2019, 06:18:42 PM

This is almost worse than Pere Ubu's "Worlds in Collision", which I would consider to be one of the most awful album covers of all time. I'm informed the left side of the gatefold has a Zippo lighter from which this huge flame is igniting. Probably want to be careful next time you fill that thing up lads.

Bloody hell thats bad

alan nagsworth

Just noticed the farty effort made to add constellations that match the shape of some, but not all, of the letters. Oh yeah that's art.

holyzombiejesus

Christ, that looks so cheap. Eurgh, it's horrible.

jobotic

This is just fucking disgusting. Makes me feel ill. It's the letters more than anything - like they are made of skin covered flesh. Just...grotesque.

I would not own this album if it was the best album ever made.

purlieu

jobotic

In solidarity with voiceless Palestinians? Maybe not.

alan nagsworth

Mate the shadowing on the "stitches", is it intentionally meant to look like they're not stitches? Hovering there like that instead of poking into the skin? Wow, that's a stinker.

alan nagsworth

"Ah fuck lads I've dropped me bastard pedal board in the lake again!!"

NoSleep

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on April 28, 2019, 07:46:25 PM

"Well you shoulda seen the cover he wanted to do.  It wasn't a horse believe me."

Pauline Walnuts

"The horse is beautiful. Its mane is flowing and clean, its coat brushed and smooth. Its eyelashes are long and curved. The horse is now before me, it bares its teeth and its tongue flicks out. I hold the great, gorgeous head in my hands. Then I walk behind the beautiful creature and, brushing aside the tail...."

Pete Townshend - Horse's Neck

kalowski