Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

What the fuck?

Is this some kind of temporary or promo-only cover or something?

PlanktonSideburns

ajsmith2

Looks like a high street own brand 'urban' clothing range from 1991.

PlanktonSideburns

What the tuck are them outfits?

Just heard the single off that vampire weekend album.

I hate that album cover now. Sorry I ever liked it

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 09, 2019, 07:00:13 PM

Unexpected career move from Martin Freeman, recording an album of lounge standards with his stunt double.

phantom_power

Freeman looks well pissed off that the other bloke turned up in the same outfit. "You said you were wearing the stripes"

Pauline Walnuts

Actually, I've changed my mind, I like that album cover now.

Ferris

Was reordering my records alphabetically (as you do), and I have this one pointing at me now. It's just occurred to me that it is awful.

Actually, as much as I love them (mid '00s indie kid that I am), a lot of Arcade Fire's album covers are complete shit.

hedgehog90

DukeDeMondo

hedgehog90

Quote from: purlieu on May 19, 2019, 11:12:33 AM
Mate

whoops soz mate, must have seen your post last month and immediately forgotten about it because it's not that bad really is it.

kalowski

alan nagsworth

Amusingly that Madonna cover appears to have changed now. I can only assume that's because of the graphic nature of it and not because it was total fucking shit, because the replacement is also total fucking shit, albeit a little more tasteful.

purlieu

Oh, there are multiple versions of the cover. The standard version has the nasty original cover, the 15 track deluxe edition has that one, the 2CD super-deluxe and cassette versions have this:

alan nagsworth

lazyhour

Oh shit, is it a stinker?

phantom_power

I heard one of the EPs the other day and it was good

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: lazyhour on June 16, 2019, 07:17:03 PM
Oh shit, is it a stinker?

Loved his music for nearly 25 years but this sounded pretty shabby on first listen unfortunately. I'm not after an album of Cold Blooded Old Times or Held but the new one just didn't grab me at all.

lazyhour

Apocalypse didn't grab me at all for several listens. Now I love it to bits. Hopefully this one's a grower too.

holyzombiejesus

It is. Just listening to it now and it sound so much better than the other night.

Pauline Walnuts

Looking into this a little deeper, the artist was one Elizabeth Kimball de Albuquerque Poor.

'Kim was married for 26 years (1981-2007) to British musician Steve Hackett.'

She also did this: