Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on June 22, 2019, 02:05:03 PM
Looking into this a little deeper, the artist was one Elizabeth Kimball de Albuquerque Poor.

'Kim was married for 26 years (1981-2007) to British musician Steve Hackett.'

I've been meaning to set aside the time to catch up with the hackett show- what I've seen of it on yt has impressed, especially his readings of the genesis back-catalogue. but the last time I saw him was in 2003, I think, with evelyn glennie. I have probably posted a link to my bootleg of that elsewhere on here. while I was looking for anything about the event, years later, I stumbled across what can only be described as a hate-blog, directed at steve, & defending the honour of ms poor. let me see... yep, here it is. the increasingly unhinged john politis:

http://mpomy.com/wordpress/?p=829&cpage=1

Pauline Walnuts

It maybe hate filled, but they ain't totally mad:

But even with all this adversity, his new record will still be coming out on October 5, and I'll bet it will be ten times more amazing than anything we've heard from Tony Banks in the past ten years!

Pauline Walnuts

gilbertharding

BlodwynPig

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on June 22, 2019, 04:43:15 PM
I've been meaning to set aside the time to catch up with the hackett show- what I've seen of it on yt has impressed, especially his readings of the genesis back-catalogue. but the last time I saw him was in 2003, I think, with evelyn glennie. I have probably posted a link to my bootleg of that elsewhere on here. while I was looking for anything about the event, years later, I stumbled across what can only be described as a hate-blog, directed at steve, & defending the honour of ms poor. let me see... yep, here it is. the increasingly unhinged john politis:

http://mpomy.com/wordpress/?p=829&cpage=1

I've seen him live a couple of times doing the Genesis stuff and it was spell-binding and actually made me go and download his earlier solo works (which I had not paid attention to). He's the prog rock equivalent of Huw Lloyd-Langton (i.e. sidelined virtuoso guitarist who's solo work is very very underrated).

Petey Pate

Child actor turned jazz pianist Craig Hundley had this gem of a cover.

samadriel

So that's what Simon Cowell is aiming for!

Absorb the anus burn

I love Michael Stearns and his new age 'beam'... But this cover really fucks me off.

Glebe

^Apex Twin: What I Did On My Holidays.

alan nagsworth

that is a shame because on its own the text looks great

Ferris

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on June 29, 2019, 12:32:11 PM
I love Michael Stearns and his new age 'beam'... But this cover really fucks me off.

Great cover. It says "fuck you and your covers" rather than being incompetent or anything

marquis_de_sad

Stearns also has a lot worse in his back catalogue

mothman

Quote from: Mr Banlon on February 14, 2019, 01:34:33 PM

I have this album! Inherited from my parents. Not sure I've ever played it.

Absorb the anus burn

Nonsense, you young tyke. Lyra has a wonderful cover....

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 29, 2019, 11:33:47 PM

But just look at his face on the cover of Plunge! Look at it.

Stearns looks like Matthew Corbett jumping into a lifetime's worth of Sooty, Sweep & Sue piss.

Tikwid

Tokyo van Ramming

imitationleather

Glebe

Yes, Karma galore Tikwad!

Meanwhile...

BlodwynPig

Glorious.

Will grab a copy of Plunge as it looks fantastic. Love new age synth covers

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 30, 2019, 09:18:26 AM
Glorious.

Will grab a copy of Plunge as it looks fantastic. Love new age synth covers

Plunge is great..... But start with Planetary Unfolding then go onto Encounter, M'Ocean, Chronos, then Plunge.

Glebe

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on June 30, 2019, 11:47:16 AM
Plunge is great..... But start with Planetary Unfolding then go onto Encounter, M'Ocean, Chronos, then Plunge.

But i want to take the plunge

Phil_A

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 29, 2019, 11:33:47 PM

Isn't that Neil Breen?

samadriel

Looks like Steven Wright.

PlanktonSideburns

Absorb the anus burn

PlanktonSideburns

Only did it for a laugh really

TheMonk

Christ, I just saw this. What's going on here?

a duncandisorderly

michael stearns.... we played a festival in nijmegen twenty odd years ago, with ashra headlining. we rounded off the afternoon's proceedings, first time we'd played outside the UK, & a fine time was had. a year later, at the same festival, who should come knocking on what had been our dressing-room door to pick the brains of some other electronica outfit but fireman macca himself?
but back to the show- ashra went on after stearns in the evening, & a we were little worried that they might be playing to an empty auditorium; he'd closed his set with some very low frequency stuff that had people running for the exits, & quite possibly the bogs. we stood at the back & cheered him on while everything rattled.