Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 11, 2019, 12:19:49 PM

On scented vinyl no less.

I don't know what of. I don't think I want to know.

New page vinyl sniffer.

NoSleep

Pauline Walnuts

I shall double check.

Yes it is scratch and sniff. I overcame my fear and a quick check was unable to ascertain what it's supposed to be. Beef and Onions?

Crabwalk

Erasmo Carlos released some brilliant records, but I'm not having this one in the house.

NoSleep

It's already been in this thread though.

holyzombiejesus

Yes, you fucking idiot. Fancy not checking back over 90+ pages to check if that sleeve had already been posted.

Crabwalk

H-O-W-L

I love Blondie but fucking hell.

Incidentally, their worst album and probably one of the worst I've sat through.

NoSleep

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 11, 2019, 03:07:31 PM
Yes it is scratch and sniff. I overcame my fear and a quick check was unable to ascertain what it's supposed to be. Beef and Onions?

Blimey, I was joking. Vinyl that has to be scratched to give off a smell; that wasn't designed to be played many times.

holyzombiejesus

It's the sleeve that's scratch and sniff.

NoSleep

I was misled. That's not scented vinyl.

alan nagsworth

the vinyl is laced with the stink of regret

kalowski

Pauline Walnuts

Peter Blake? more like Peter (artistically) Broke.

Absorb the anus burn

Butchers Blind

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on September 14, 2019, 10:40:17 AM

Peter Blake? more like Peter (artistically) Broke.

Yeah, see what he's done there.  Lazy.

Pauline Walnuts

That's the new album, not The Who's 542,451 Greatest hits release, where that would have been acceptable. Not good, acceptable.

Actually even this 1980s barrel scraping exercise is still better

H-O-W-L

Nominating Reality by Bowie. I don't care if it has some metaphysical meaning, it's fucking awful to look at.

TheMonk

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 14, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
Nominating Reality by Bowie. I don't care if it has some metaphysical meaning, it's fucking awful to look at.

This one has always remind me of a screenshot from a Crunchie chocolate bar ad.

Pauline Walnuts

Phil_A

Just remembered this load of shite:

imitationleather

My word. Seeing that made me Google The Twang to see what they're up to these days. They somehow haven't split up and are still signed. Also, they're supporting Shed Seven on their "Shedcember" tour, which includes a date at the 13,000 capacity Leeds Arena.

How the fuck are Shed Seven filling a venue that size in 2019?!

wosl

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on September 15, 2019, 09:51:07 PM
An appropriation of these Sarah Lucas photographs https://www.mutualart.com/Artwork/4-Works---Get-off-your-Horse-and-Drink-y/4F061514DB8C439D

That doesn't let it off the hook (I recognise that you're not claiming it does).  An appropriation of terrible art makes for a terrible album cover.

NoSleep

Quote from: imitationleather on September 15, 2019, 11:30:43 PM
My word. Seeing that made me Google The Twang to see what they're up to these days. They somehow haven't split up and are still signed. Also, they're supporting Shed Seven on their "Shedcember" tour, which includes a date at the 13,000 capacity Leeds Arena.

Using Photoshop?

jobotic

Quote from: imitationleather on September 15, 2019, 11:30:43 PM

It'll probably be like Queens Park at home at Hampden. Hopefully.

Pauline Walnuts

Talking about the Blockheads, A best of Ian Dury

wosl

How does a band go from covers as classy, restrained and timeless as CS&N/Eponymous, Deja Vu and CSN to an abomination like that?  Ditto The Band; from the greatness of the 'Big Pink and 'The Brown Album' covers to this: