Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantle Retractor

Jesus fucking CHRIST! Look at this abomination.

And then, when you've done that, imagine how awful the contents are:

purlieu

Fucking hell, that's appalling. Especially given that his album covers have mostly been fairly well designed in the past, even if the presence of his face tends to ruin them. But that's only half a step above 'local Hammond organist's CDr of Christmas pieces that's been sat in a charity shop for two years'.

Olarrio

I initially thought he was carrying a copy of the Christmas Radio Times, which would've been a nice touch.

Glebe

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Olarrio on October 23, 2019, 10:00:18 PM
I initially thought he was carrying a copy of the Christmas Radio Times, which would've been a nice touch.

the whole thing looks like he's gatecrashed the cover of the Christmas Radio Times.

BlodwynPig

I bet he'd kill to get doing the John Lewis ad. No chance mate. 

idunnosomename

lol the hanging bracket sign is his kids' names

also mise-en-abyme with him holding the image itself on his radio times fuckin hell

I kind of like that one, to be honest. Christmas albums are inherently like that.

Absorb the anus burn

Rizla

i like it, it's like they spiked the designer with mushrooms and he just painted the last thing he saw

Glebe

gilbertharding

Yes - the Robbie Williams one is fine. I mean, as everyone else has pointed out, it's a Robbie Williams album, and therefore terrible by definition. But as someone else recognised, it looks exactly like a Radio Times Christmas cover, or one of those Christmas cards they used to have.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on October 24, 2019, 12:35:16 AM

Steeleye Span covers... how about this one:

It's a Rocket cottage. Do you see? And they're all looking out of the windows!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 24, 2019, 09:07:17 AM
Steeleye Span covers... how about this one:

It's a Rocket cottage. Do you see? And they're all looking out of the windows!

That's the only one I own

An album cover that can only come from 1995

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on October 24, 2019, 12:35:16 AM

I'm not commending it or owt, because it is absolutely hideous, but is the intention of this that you tilt the sleeve almost entirely away from your face and look across it so the faces of the band members almost look like normal proportions? You know, like they do with adverts printed on sports pitches.

It's hard work though, since obviously the immediate desired direction you'd want to be tilting it is away from your line of vision entirely, and once you've tilted it almost completely away from your face it's all too easy to just keep going until you aren't looking at it any more.

jenna appleseed

Discogs says "Includes card insert with "peepholes" and instructions on how to view the band on the cover using these via the magic of anamorphic projection."

Who was it who had a distorted LP cover that came with a silver reflective tube thing to make it look 'normal'? (something 70s & proggy probably)

NJ Uncut

NJ Uncut

If this hasn't been posted before I'll listen to the fucking thing

NJ Uncut

At least the cover lives up to the title

NJ Uncut

If the great all-knowing Buzby tells me this is from an Onion article satirising weak rebranding, I'd believe it

What's not terrible?? Hasn't even cut his geet strings. That's not "street" mate, it's annoying because they rattle when you play

alan nagsworth

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 24, 2019, 07:28:28 PM
If this hasn't been posted before I'll listen to the fucking thing

Weirdly enough that aesthetic is not a million miles away from that of Estonian rapper Tommy Cash, who amusingly also had recent success with a single called "X-Ray".

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 24, 2019, 07:24:13 PM
Rock bottom

I quite like this, though it would be much better without the border and horrible typeface.

Ferris

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 24, 2019, 07:34:07 PM
If the great all-knowing Buzby tells me this is from an Onion article satirising weak rebranding, I'd believe it

What's not terrible?? Hasn't even cut his geet strings. That's not "street" mate, it's annoying because they rattle when you play

I see David Millar has been keeping busy since retiring from professional road cycling.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: jenna appleseed on October 24, 2019, 06:54:19 PM
Discogs says "Includes card insert with "peepholes" and instructions on how to view the band on the cover using these via the magic of anamorphic projection."

Who was it who had a distorted LP cover that came with a silver reflective tube thing to make it look 'normal'? (something 70s & proggy probably)

Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection in 1975.

non capisco

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 24, 2019, 07:34:07 PM

Album titles that sound like Alan Partridge muttering bitterly into his dictaphone.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 24, 2019, 07:54:03 PM
I see David Millar has been keeping busy since retiring from professional road cycling.

Millar is a lady now

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 24, 2019, 09:08:50 PM
Millar is a lady now

You are thinking of Phillipa York - former British road cyclist (who competed in the '80s with the same surname as David). It's a confusion that happens all the time, and drives both cyclists bananas, apparently, which is why it's so funny.

I'm making reference to this fella:

Edit: they really do look alike

alan nagsworth

did you really have to post that fucking cover again good GOD

BlodwynPig

Didnt David Milla play for Cameroon?