Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:24:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

"Yes and you call them steamed despite the fact that's obviously smoke."

New page get steamed

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: olliebean on November 06, 2019, 11:44:28 AM
It's smoke that comes out of the chimbley of a steam train, not steam. This is something I posted about in the obvious things you've only just realised thread, when I realised it recently.

yeah, see..... um.....

purlieu

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 06, 2019, 09:35:00 AM
that's steam you've got coming out of one chimbley
Someone's obviously never smelled a steam train. Reek of smoke. Reek of it.
Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 06, 2019, 07:44:48 AMYou can tell that he's not taking the piss or just going "shatner's bassoon on the tramlime gumblger, sausage fingers!"
That's a fairly good contrast with the picture - everything in your sentence is lolrandom, while the picture is all absolutely normal things just contrasted well. The difference between surrealism and wankers.
QuoteMy favourite Magritte piece is Golconda, fwiw.
Mine too. A wonderful contrast of the mundane and the absurd.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 06, 2019, 12:18:05 PM

"Yes and you call them steamed despite the fact that's obviously smoke."

New page get steamed

Nice

H-O-W-L

Quote from: purlieu on November 06, 2019, 03:24:28 PM
That's a fairly good contrast with the picture - everything in your sentence is lolrandom, while the picture is all absolutely normal things just contrasted well. The difference between surrealism and wankers. Mine too. A wonderful contrast of the mundane and the absurd.

Aye. I think it's something people who take the piss or try to emulate Magritte (and good surrealism in general) fail to understand, it's not just random bollocks, it's all intentionally contrasted together to create something more meaningful than just putting a fish in the grille of a 1969 Jag. Even the Lobster Phone by Dali, a piece that I find pretty dull, has an intense meaning behind it. Really too lazy (and short on time) to explain it but it has a deep enough meaning that makes it worthwhile.

Yer Noel Fieldings and the likes think that if you put a pot noodle on a cat's head the Unusualness of it is an innate juxtaposition and therefore JEENYUS and SURREAL. Nah love.

Cuellar

No idea what to make of this

Egyptian Feast

Hahaha, that's really shit but I like it, mainly for the expressions on both of their faces.

I posted a truly hideous sleeve for an album by butt-rockers* Creed a few pages back. I was talking to a colleague about terrible album covers just now, searched for that cover to share the horror and this one showed up on the list. Impressively even worse than the Human Clay sleeve!

Bonus single sleeve:

*Not an expression I'd normally use, but I've seen Americans describe bands like Staind, Puddle Of Mudd and Nickelback as such and it does suit them well.

Cuellar

They've buried Mark Knopfler/Pete Townshend/Lindsey Buckingham alive

Natnar

Quote from: Cuellar on November 07, 2019, 02:15:51 PM
They've buried Mark Knopfler/Pete Townshend/Lindsey Buckingham alive

I think he's in Trouble.

PaulTMA

There was a a point when Trail Of Dead and Creed sleeves became interchangeable

TheMonk

Perhaps it's been done but there's no greater album cover to put you off your dinner than this.
What's he doing? Licking his fingers? Sniffing his fingers? What's he been up to?
Icchh.

Head Gardener

non capisco

^ Sweated blood thinking up that title, didn't he?

Head Gardener

jobotic

I bet that sounds terrible too.

NJ Uncut

I SEE WHAT YOU DID HERE

(should be Drawing though)

NJ Uncut

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE HAHA YOU'RE ABOUT TO RIDE IN A CAR YEAH LET IT RIDE YEAH

NJ Uncut

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING WIRE

NJ Uncut

OH LOOK I GET IT THEY'RE COLLIDING

NJ Uncut

alan nagsworth

That Pere Ubu one still holds up as probably the worst album cover I've ever seen, particularly as it's coming from a band who deftly preempted post-punk which went on to be one of my favourite genres of music. Fucking state of it.

Pauline Walnuts

Obviously Ironic.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 13, 2019, 12:09:44 PM
That Pere Ubu one still holds up as probably the worst album cover I've ever seen, particularly as it's coming from a band who deftly preempted post-punk which went on to be one of my favourite genres of music. Fucking state of it.

ah, but do you realise this was the first EVER example of MS power point graphics being used in media of any sort. Pere Ubu and Microsoft commissioned head of MS Power Point to develop some art using the new addition to their office suite of products.

New folder

Sorry HudMo, but this is just disgraceful:

Note the tit for an "O"

BlodwynPig

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 12:37:54 PM
ah, but do you realise this was the first EVER example of MS power point graphics being used in media of any sort. Pere Ubu and Microsoft commissioned head of MS Power Point to develop some art using the new addition to their office suite of products.

famethrowa

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 13, 2019, 12:45:13 PM

This is blasphemy I know, and I'm a Heads man meself, but I've always hated that cover. Farkin horrible.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: New folder on November 13, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
Sorry HudMo, but this is just disgraceful:

Note the tit for an "O"

Don't think I've ever seen an image of this bigger than a thumbnail. It's dogshit.