Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Elton - Live From Planet Earth (new live Aussie sketch show) [split topic]

Started by 13 schoolyards, February 04, 2011, 03:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queneau

Quote from: MC Root on March 07, 2011, 03:39:53 PM
Wow. Honour amongst thieves. I don't know if I'd seen this before. "uk nova internal only cap. not allowed." Weird. I guess I better check UNK more...

Oh that fucking site that I've never been able to join. Normally it's the fact that they have too many users. Now they are asking for a passphrase. Up their arses.

Jemble Fred

Bean Is A Carrot

Quote from: Jemble Fred on March 08, 2011, 11:02:10 AM
What else was there?

The idea that comedians sit around in writers rooms coming up with euphamisms for genitalia is the kind of thing I'd expect them to do, particularly Ben Elton. He wrote a routine about this 20 years ago (see The Man From Auntie series 1). And back in the days when I interviewed the odd touring comedian for the radio I had plenty of them ask me for local references. "What's a suburb with a dodgy reptutation?" was something Andy Parsons asked me when he and Henry Naylor played Adelaide back in 1998 (oh yes, we got all the stars! And my answer was "Elizabeth").

Jake Thingray

Here's what the Australian branch of TIME OUT made of it. Bearing in mind, when I read the London original religiously in the late 80's and early 90's, they may have adhered to his politically correct views (when calling PYTHON repeats dated, sexist etc.), but often slagged off the man himself.

http://www.timeoutsydney.com.au/comedy/dead-from-planet-earth.aspx