Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your most played game

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 14, 2011, 12:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheatgod

Football Manager 2005 and COD:MW2.

I am going to hell.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

On the plus side, all us cunts who have wasted our youth on Champo/FM are still alive. Barely, but that's quite good I think.

Someone should give us certificates or something.

the midnight watch baboon

The worst part was for the first year or so I didn't realise that merely pressing the space bar when the computer was absorbing the stats at the end of matches speeded up the process by more than double... 58% of the time spent 'playing' the game was spent staring at percentage bars, wondering if I should offer Neil Lennon a new contract etccccc

wheatgod

mjki5gs2

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 14, 2011, 04:16:14 PM
Championship Manager 01-02.
Yep.

I think if I went back to it now I would miss some of the bells and whistles of the CM/FM sequels, but it was the most addictive version they made.

Champ 97/98 - shamelessly abused its Data Editor for four years until 01/02 appeared. Also being one of those sad twats who would waste hours and days building a Master League team to take the memory card round to mates' houses for PES Battles means I've spent more time with Brackley and Brooking than with my own parents.

Waking Life

Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II.  Spent a good couple of years going through the ranks and trying to steal the "Madonna" car from Senna.

Then we tried manual transmission and realised we could go a lot faster.  In Madonna within a couple of days.

Other than that, Champ Man 97/98 and Final Fantasy VII (training for underwater weapon) ate up a lot of my life.

buttgammon

The original GTA is a fair bet, as I still occasionally go on it even though I know every single part of it like the back of my hand. The amount of time I spent playing GTA III with mates and alone when it first came out must have really mounted up too, and I was playing it years after it came out. My preference for listening to the D 'n' B station when a friend of mine preferred Chatterbox caused a hell of a row once.

But Football Manager's various incarnations have consumed me for a long time. No idea which version I spent the most time on but my longest save game on any of them is likely to either be my Wrexham save on 09 when I got them promoted three times or 10 when I got into the late 2020s and had gone from winning everything all the time with Port Talbot to winning everything all the time with Real Madrid via QPR and Aston Villa. If Emin Cicek and Thierry Iriart were real players, they'd be two of the greatest strikers of all time.

afunnydog

Quote from: chand on February 14, 2011, 08:30:10 PM
It would be some iteration or other of PES. I've got to the point in the Master League where all my players had retired and returned as youth players with the same names. I play footy games most days, and am usually still playing the game the day before the new one comes out.

Yep, Pro Evo 3 through to 2008. Master League after Master League after Master League...

Special mention also to Metal Slug on MAME after becoming obsessed with completing it without losing a life.

And I succeeded. That's right, be impressed.

madhair60

I am impressed, I don't think I could ace Metal Slug 1 if I tried.

I can do Metal Slug X for about 3 levels but I always die on the train or just after it.