Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

transendence v. deprivation

Started by chimpoo, May 26, 2004, 01:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimpoo

hello.

we were watching the jimi hendrix 'isle of wight' video tontie and there was a bizaare moment where the lighting reflection on the lens of the camera met with jimi's eyes and simply exploded as a reflection.

(incidently, the crowd are fucked).

we thought (in order) :  wow, miracle, act of god, 'we have transcended', coincidence, luck, paying too much attention, fuck - we've ruined the tape.

BUT

it made me think of the numerous occassions in my life where particular acts or moments of percieved perception have re-invigoratted me.

these moments make me more committed to the cause.

i feel more determined to unlock the confusion of life through music.

whoooaaaaa    whores,    

let rip on your special moments...

JJJJH

Riding home from college on the train station on a dazzlingly sunny day at 5 o'clock with Toy Matinee's 'We Always Come Home' piping away in the ears. There's a bit about a minute before I get to my station where we're in a tunnel, and then suddenly out into the sunlight by the Suspension Bridge with the sun pouring into the train, and the end of this song matches it perfectly, it's very uplifting.

elderford

Anytime, anyplace whereby Joy Division's Atmosphere is on the personal stereo.

Such a huge slab of majestic poignancy, I am close to weeping just thinking about the instrumentation and Curtis's lyrics and delivery.

Frequently in pedestrianised shopping areas across the country I am to be found sobbing wetly into the cardigan covered breasts of passing pensioners who seek to comfort me in my emotional condition as the song plays directly into my brain.

...people like you, find it easy.

Oh Ian why did you have to do it you crazy young fool!