Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Valentines Day

Started by splattermac, February 07, 2004, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

have's and have nots

Yes, I have a Valentine
27 (51.9%)
No, I do not have a Valentine (but there's still a week left)
25 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: February 07, 2004, 03:48:56 PM

splattermac

A week to go until another hallmark celebration, but let's not be so cynical,

Is romance dead or alive and well in your pants?

Not wanting to break with tradition I will once again be Valentine less, but this in no way belittles my self-love.

So is anyone doing anything fancy, or downright tragic?

weeping into their Birdseye meal for one, getting drunk and making psychotic phone calls to ex's?

Any handmade gifts, a shed made of recycled doors perhaps, dirty weekend, cold hard cash?

a short film to get you in the mood (quicktime, 56k unfriendly

Ever dumped anyone on V.Day?

Maybe you have some romantic tips, things you like and things that have gone down well.

twatloops

On the other side of the bleedin' country though.

splattermac

pedants, please find it in your heart to ignore the rogue apostrophe.

So how are you going to close the distance between you and your hole, I mean loved one?

twatloops

I'm not.  Work has pulled us apart so Valentines romance will be over the phone.  Joy.

Actually, I suggested to take her away for the weekend but she's now said she's busy.  This is after being milliseconds away from booking tickets...

Tch.  Women.

hoverdonkey

We don't do Valentines Day here. Ms Donkey is going to her parents for the weekend and I'm working. My present for her a couple of years ago was a talking teddy version of Timmaay complete with wheelchair. That's about as romantic as we get.

splattermac

I think you should send her/him, sorry don't know your gender, guessing male like all the rest of the girls here, erotic photos, one per day over the next week.

think of a theme and get snapping.

Frinky

I, just for once, might enjoy Valentines this year, as I don't have to spend it with my ridiculously romance-crazed ex girlfriend, and instead can be with someone a bit more mature. Gestures are nice, and all, but after a while...

Lt Plonker

One week left, is it? Hmmm.

I'm hoping there'll be some sort of singletons ball around Uni somewhere, otherwise it'll be a nice romantic night in with the interweb. Again.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

I've been so romantic this year* i'm getting away with going to Jongleurs for a (female) mates birthday celebrations on V-Day. Yay!

Valentine's day is a huge pain in the arse...  and i've heard women in LOL NO office going on about getting V-Day presents. Presenst for fucks sake? Celebrate love... with a gift... Thatcher has a lot to answer for.

* Shelled out for diamonds, took her to Amsterdam for her birthday - that's quite enough I think for one year.

Frinky

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I'm hoping there'll be some sort of singletons ball around Uni somewhere, otherwise it'll be a nice romantic night in with the interweb. Again.

You know, it doesn't have to be that way. In fact, you should make a special effort on V-Day... there will be a lot of let down ladies to rescue. worked for me

Jet Set Willy

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"One week left, is it? Hmmm.

I'm hoping there'll be some sort of singletons ball around Uni somewhere, otherwise it'll be a nice romantic night in with the interweb. Again.

I've been looking around for a simpleton's ball, maybe I can trick a thicky into thinking I'm sex-on-legs.

splattermac

3 hours into the poll and the singletons are winnings, 10 / 7

perhaps on V.Day the single whores can use the guest alias in Website Whines to confess secret lustings for other whores,

Cerys

Valentine's Day?  Bah, humbug!  A so-called 'Festival of Lurrrve', dreamed up by the makers of cards and chocolate, and designed to make anyone without a partner feel like shit.  Boycott it, say I.  With both thumbs, if necessary.

DonkeyRods

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"One week left, is it? Hmmm.

Ack...in Bournemouth pretty much any night out is a singletons ball...so unless you have someone in mind (in which case go for it!) just go out and have fun as per usual. Going out with the sole intention of pulling is the best way to guaruntee a shit night anyway.

Quote from: "splattermac"perhaps on V.Day the single whores can use the guest alias in Website Whines to confess secret lustings for other whores,
Please no, I would come here to escape the soul-crushing blows of rejection!

Rats

Here's a song to get y'all in the mood ... um ... niggaz.
Andre 3000 - Happy Valentines Day

TraceyQ

I will send the usual two cards and receive one, at about 8pm. As ever.

Dr David V

Valentines Day, or as I like to call it, International Legal Stalking Day. Because when you think about it, the parallels between Valentines Day and general stalking are obvious. Following people around all day, sending your secret admiree cards and gifts without putting your name on them, passing them on the street and winking at them, having sex with them by 9pm...

Never the less, if I've sussed out the trend, this year I should get... 4 cards. And maybe a gift.

Purple Tentacle

We don't do Valentine's Day here either.

Ms_Tentacle doesn't believe in going out to restaurants with all the other couples to prove how in love with each other we are, oooh look at us being MORE in love with YOU!! And it only cost £50!!

So yeah, she doesn't like going out, and I'm a covetous jew, so top Valentine's Day!

I might stretch to a card though...

Benny J. Fish

Downright tragic?

My ex girlfriend and I are going out for a meal because we're both fed up and lonely at the moment. It's my birthday on Valentines, and everyone I know is doing something with a girlfriend. But not me, I get my lovely ex, with her lovely effing lisp.

Then I'm going to watch a couple of my mates DJ hip-hop, drink lots of gin and tonics and pass out.

I fucking hate Valentines day.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"I get my lovely ex, with her lovely effing lisp.

That sounds nice.

hmm....

Benny J. Fish

I liked it at the time, but now it drives me paraplegic.

twatloops

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"I liked it at the time, but now it drives me paraplegic.

Isn't it wonderful when something changes from cute and attractive to grounds for moider.  I had a gf who used to argue the devils advoctae position with everything.  At first, it was;  "Cool.  I like the way we get to have proper debates and discuss things in depth."  It ended up as; "I only said I preffered the fucking orange pastilles.  Jesus fucking wept!"

Ah, the games of love.

Still, it could be worse, my mum used to send me valentines when I was a very young un.  Amusing when an infant, somewhat scary/depressing when you reach 10.

Bogey

QuoteStill, it could be worse, my mum used to send me valentines when I was a very young un. Amusing when an infant, somewhat scary/depressing when you reach 10.

Be thankful, then, that you don't live in the United States of America. They're fond of sending valentines cards to everyone they've ever fucking met.
They have lists.

Clearly they have so much more love than we do. As well as larger branches of fucking Paperchase, probably.

Also, I think it's important that the dateless should be reminded how lonely and meaningless their life is, otherwise they'd never do anything about it would they?
And if that's how they choose to live, and are content, then they should be unfazed anyway.

blue jammer

Quote from: "Bogey"And if that's how they choose to live, and are content, then they should be unfazed anyway.

Yeh-ha, spot on there, it's just another day, and when you are a cynical old bastard like me, it's often amazing to see people fret and panic over Valentines Day... "Ohhh I hope I get one, what if so and so doesn't twig that I've got them a card, they'll not send me one" Blimey, some people worry themselves sick over a card :|

Lt Plonker

Weirdest Valentines Day ever. I got two pecks on the cheek, chatted up by a gay football player, had my name changed to James Evans and got relegated to position of 'club weirdo who dances on his own'.

I'm staying in next year.

Benny J. Fish

You wierdo, I already know a James Evans.

Pretty fun in the end. Lots of drinks bought for me, I now have the most stinking hangover in the fucking world!

Des Nilsen

I completely forgot about Valentine's day yesterday, and anyway, I don't have a 'Valentine'. Never mind.

Actually singledom *aches* now; it's horrible, and I almost certainly give off an air of desperation, so I'm knackered really, and so much love and affection to give too (arrogant? boswellox).
I've made a conscious decision (heh) to not ramble on about things depressive and romantic, but here I'll mention something that's really bothering me now.

It was a week before Valentine's last year when I almost asked someone out who I was told also liked me quite a bit, and I fudged it - had no way of contacting her again.
Now I ought to be able to forget about her, but I can't. It's weird and unnerving, as I can't help but wonder whether she might have been perfectly 'suited' to me and me to her.
The fact that I keep seeing people who look like her bothers me too - It's a horrible sort of regret for something that most people would forget about quickly enough.
This could have gone into that 'what if'-type thread.

Carry on, everyone.

-

Vermschneid Mehearties

I should change my name to Sexgod Mehearties.

After 3 odd months of seeing this girl once a week, and being kept in limbo, when we were obviously made for each other, I invited her out for a drink, and then ended up totally hitting it off.

Strawberry flavoured lipbalm..Mmmhhmm.

Gazeuse

That's brought back happy memories of flavoured lipgloss (Applied from a little stick bottle with a roller) which were all the rage when I was walikg out with the ladies.

I believe they stopped selling it because some teenage girls decided to exist on a diet of it alone and became anorexic.

It was relly shiny stuff and looke quite beguiling.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Gazeuse"That's brought back happy memories of flavoured lipgloss (Applied from a little stick bottle with a roller) which were all the rage when I was walikg out with the ladies.

I believe they stopped selling it because some teenage girls decided to exist on a diet of it alone and became anorexic.

It was relly shiny stuff and looke quite beguiling.

Ah, you can still get it now, but they're called juicy tubes and cost a tenner each. Yum. Makes me want to kiss myself.