Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls - PS3 - 360

Started by Viero_Berlotti, February 22, 2011, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

Boy does this not let up at all. Just nabbed the Drake sword and got myself an equipment repair kit (oh so very useful if expensive) and now have a metallic bull (which the Drake sword does piss all damage to) plus it's poxy mates and a hacked off dragon (fuck that) to deal with...

I can see this game either being in the pile for eons as I break my arse to splinters to get through it or chucked in Grainger Games after it's fucked me off for the millionth time.

Junglist

Man up and ruin their shit, yo.

Big Jack McBastard

Oh I ain't giving up yet, there's many days of torture left for me to endure before I throw in the towel.

Junglist

Gonna head out and get the Drake Sword tonight, probably via the ol' cheap/easy route. Spent today farming some souls, about 1k a minute, and levelled up/bought a ton of useful stuff.

Big Jack McBastard

Just clocked that killing the big skeletons in the graveyard nets 500 souls a piece, not too bad in comparison to ploughing through the wee bods in the Berg.

So glad that the ladder at the second camp is down now, seeing the phantoms of other people running up it was filling my chuff with jealousy.

Junglist

Thats where I farm, early on. Worth it if you're prepared to put in an hour or two to gain levels/equipment.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on October 14, 2011, 07:31:27 PM
Just clocked that killing the big skeletons in the graveyard nets 500 souls a piece, not too bad in comparison to ploughing through the wee bods in the Berg.

You see, I wasn't getting any souls at all for killing the graveyard Skeletons the other day so I gave that up straight away. It's unlikely to be a game glitch, so maybe you have to have a certain level of humanity as I have read that can effect things in the game, or maybe you need to be Way Of The White. I think that's what it might be because I got 500 souls for the Skeletons with my Thief character who was Way Of The White, my Bandit character isn't aligned to any covenant yet though. I'll experiment when I have a go later on.

Big Jack McBastard

Drake sword wears out mighty quick if you use big hits so make sure you get the 3000 soul repair kit from the vendor blokey before getting too far (looks like it's infinite uses at the campsites so long as you can pay for the repairs themselves) it sends a narrow wave of destruction forwards towards your opponents, handy for the Black Knights, got my first one on his ass and nabbed his too-big-at-the minute-sword to boot wee!

Junglist

I rarely use big hits, unless its backstab like a mental. Drake Sword just got though, and woah.

Woah.

One hit on nearly everything so far.

Big Jack McBastard

Ah the bull ain't so bad, once you're on the walkway it's just a matter of sniping it's tail/arsehole.

Hurrah a smith! Finally I'm getting somewhere.

Junglist

We seem to be at pretty much exactly the same point! Just met my first blacky too.

Junglist

6k souls a minute. Beautiful grinding spot.

wasp_f15ting

Gosh there are so many good games out at the moment dunno if I can afford to spend my time in this one.. between the 360 and the PS3 which version is better to control?

I think the most punishing game I've played up until now was halo reach on legendary alone.. I died a few hundred times but I felt great at the end, so I am hoping this will be similar.. so many people are convincing me that I MUST play this game..

Big Jack McBastard

It's a proper fucker at the start, your first two sessions will have you tearing your hair out at the injustice of it all and it's not as if it lets up much once you get used to it.

Thankfully you retain most of the stuff you collect, death prone or not[nb]as if the latter option existed[/nb], but it helps to be willing to retread the same areas over and over and fucking over to get beefed up a bit. I dropped 5000 souls the day before yesterday[nb]I'm sure I'll look back on that with rose-tinted fondness shortly[/nb] and died again on the way back to collect them (meaning they're gone) and it put me in a right old huff. I fucked it off for a day in a fit of pique, came back today, upgraded my Halberd to a +2 which seems to have upped it's critical hit chance, playing much more cautiously and am finally kicking some minor ass and actually seeing a bit more of the place as a result.

Can't comment on the controls for the PS3 but the Treesiddy is holding up well.

Quote from: Junglist on October 16, 2011, 04:26:54 PM
6k souls a minute. Beautiful grinding spot.

The fu-?! Where's this?

Junglist

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on October 17, 2011, 01:12:15 AM
The fu-?! Where's this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVB4sL4Sxg

Darkroot soul farming. You need the key (Costs 20,000, or kill the blacksmith)

Big Jack McBastard

Might I ask which you did?

I've got 12,800 sat in my pockets but I really fancy upgrading my armour to the (current) hilt and that means buying from this joker. If I off him then I've still got the kit to upgrade stuff at the bonfires but no ready access to Titanite shards...

Urnnnngh!

I suppose I could buy them then kill him.

Junglist

I killed him as I thought he was a prick. No reasoning behind that, but not struggled with him gone.

Johnny Textface

Is anyone still playing this or given up in a fit of pure frustration?

The thread seems very quiet.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a level to be before trying it on against the Capra demon with his helldogs / and give me a few tips?

I get slaughtered as soon as I walk in and am on level 30.

Viero_Berlotti

Yeah, I'm still on it and enjoying it. Been having problems with the Capra demon myself so I've been doing other things and leveling up until I'm ready to take him on. Apparently the strategy with the Capra demon is to take the dogs out first. There is a doorway/archway on the far right hand side , if you head towards the doorway/archway you can take cover under there and take out the dogs without taking any hits from the demon. You can then take on the demon without the dogs getting in the way. Still won't be easy though as I usually get killed before I reach the archway.

I killed the Moonlit Butterfly last night. Probably the easiest boss battle so far. So if you need any tips for that one let me know. I've got the divine ember now so can make divine weapons which are recommended if you want to get anywhere against the undead in the catacombs.

Big Jack McBastard

I'm still farming souls in the forest (or I was last time I was on) I'm at about level 46 at the minute and still dying like a bitch with alarming frequency which I suppose is a step up from 'absolutely fucking ridiculous frequency'. I do intend to actually finish it eventually, it's not leaving my 'current' pile till it's done, I'll be fucked if I'm chucking in the towel after 2 weeks of stomping back and forth through the Burg just to be able to get where I am, afterall I still don't know what the hell is going on plot-wise.

I also just ran into the Moonlit Butterfly who, due to my being busy scarpering from some stone shithouse stomping up the stairs after me and having the completely wrong items in my quick-select inventory, beasted my rat in fairly short order, it's next on my kill list, I've not even seen this Capra chap yet.

Junglist

Butterfly is unbelievably easy. My save went all corrupt, so starting again tonight.

Viero_Berlotti

Got that Capra demon fucker last night. Wore the Stone Armour found in the Darkroot Garden, made me really slow but I was able to just go in there and tank it. If you have it I would recommend using the Grass Crest Shield with the Stone Armour though, the stamina recovery boost it offers counterbalances the stamina loss from the heavy Stone Armour. I took him out in about 5 or 6 hits, if you use a weapon with a large swinging arc the dogs will get taken out as collateral damage. I still reckon I got lucky though as I had a sliver of health left at the end. It's the confined space that this battle takes place in that makes it difficult, and unless you are really quick and good at evading hits you have no choice but to tank this battle to a certain extent.

Junglist

I mananged him on my first go, just head in, lock on, dodge like an utter mental and get hits in when possible.

Just acquired the Lordvessel, makes things a touch easier.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Junglist on November 02, 2011, 02:02:30 PM
I mananged him on my first go,

Well, I just killed the Gaping Dragon boss on the first go... so ner....

Junglist

Same!

I've noticed the fun of offline save editing on this. Have my normal save, and one running where I'm Soul Level 443.

Johnny Textface

Say what???

I have the hush magic but don't seem to be able to use it - even though I have the correct parameters - i.e intelligence 15.. Anyone help?

Mind you - I have the slumber dragon ring anyway which I think achieves the same sneak effects.. just concerned that I ain't doing no miracles! :(

Where abouts is this stone armour?

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Johnny Textface on November 04, 2011, 03:37:07 PM
Where abouts is this stone armour?

In the Darkroot Garden, the area you need to buy the 20000 soul crest from the Blacksmith to get into. If I remember rightly the Stone Armour is in a chest or on a dead body somewhere after the area you meet the talking cat in.

Viero_Berlotti

Cheating in other words.  This was bound to happen with this game being released on the 360 this time as well, why can't those fuckers leave the fuck alone.

Junglist

Well, yes, in single player. I don't take it online, therefore others don't have to contend.