Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dead Island...returns?

Started by VegaLA, February 22, 2011, 08:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Out on Friday, and I can't bloody wait.  Pre-ordered through Game to get that "ripper" weapon and stuff.

Jemble Fred

Most folk I know have ventured to give it an average rating of about 33%-ish. Which is a great improvement from Call of Juarez: The Cartel[nb]The funniest abomination of game design this generation? A definite contender.[/nb], at least.

VegaLA

Well it gets released here today and i'm biting!

I get the feeling i'm going to be a billy-no-mates-playing-on-my-lonesome-sorry-motherfucker-vacation-island-zombie-killer BUT should any of you do decide to visit Matuul CALL ME!

HappyTree

I was never in any danger of getting this game anyway, but with enemies levelling up with you that's got to divide opinion.

Spiteface

Everything I've heard is that the game is not without it's flaws, but it pretty much does what it sets out to do.  One of the better Zombie-based experiences out there.

VegaLA

I've only had a few short sessions on it but plan on getting my teeth into it properly come Friday evening.
Found the controls a bit clunky at first but already starting to get used to them, just takes time. A lot of cutscenes but you can skip them, I don't, as I like to see the story unfold. The characters seem a bit pone as the guy I was going to select has a bad knee in his write up so I didn't want my leg to go out while running from Zombies. I don't play as woman (the other two choices) so I selected the fallen rap star.

Good review here:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1928/Dead-Island/p1/

REALLY looking forwards to co-op on this so if anyone is intersted
Spoiler alert
CALL ME!
[close]

Spiteface

Quote from: VegaLA on September 08, 2011, 11:30:49 PM
I've only had a few short sessions on it but plan on getting my teeth into it properly come Friday evening.
Found the controls a bit clunky at first but already starting to get used to them, just takes time. A lot of cutscenes but you can skip them, I don't, as I like to see the story unfold. The characters seem a bit pone as the guy I was going to select has a bad knee in his write up so I didn't want my leg to go out while running from Zombies. I don't play as woman (the other two choices) so I selected the fallen rap star.

I don't think the dodgy leg ever plays into anything, so just pick whoever you want based on their special abilites, I suppose.

Regarding the controls, anyone tried the analog combat option?  I'm giving it a go now, could be more effective once I'm used to it.

VegaLA