Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gears of War 3

Started by VegaLA, February 23, 2011, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

A release date has now been made offical earlier today in London.
September 20TH, roughly 3 years after the release of the last chapter and SEVERAL months after the rumoured April 2011 date I was led to believe.

New info on the game itself can be found here:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/23521/Gears-of-War-3-Release-Date-Revealed/

wheatgod

SEVERAL?????????? SHIIIIIIIIIT.

Big Jack McBastard

I will enjoy Horde, I know, and I'm sure it'll be all gritty and dark but still I find it difficult to get my dirty pole all glistening for this.

It will be purchased as an inevitability rather than in desire.

jutl

I'm not sure how the beta works, but I think I may have a key for anyone that wants it as a result of buying some version of Bulletstorm. I hate Gears of Wars.

chocky909

I could use it if it's spare.

Neil

Got it, then?  Just grabbed it today, and playing throught the single-player on Hardcore.  Seems great, like the expanded colour palette.  Can't FUCKING WAIT to jump onto Horde Mode later tonight - that really made GOW2 for me.

VegaLA

Later tonight? How much later tonight?

Big Jack McBastard

I'm up for a bit too chaps.

Jamie Oliver is fat

Neil

Quote from: VegaLA on September 26, 2011, 06:14:57 PM
Later tonight? How much later tonight?

About two hours from now, if you're up for it.

Big Jack McBastard

Don't know if I can be arsed tonight, will be on tomorrow though.

wheatgod

I've had this a while now but no time to play it yet!!!!!!!! Invite me for Horde if you have me, gamertag = wheatgod.

Big Jack McBastard

I might have been lying about being on tonight as well, bloody insomnia+guts acting up fucked my sleep last night and post-work I need to fall over. Might be on late on.

Neil

I'm going to be on all day today. Only at act 2 in single player, but absolutely adoring the multiplayer, as is usual with GOW.

madhair60

Horde mode is superb, just a wonderful experience.  Played it in local and had a great time on it.  I love the tower defence-esque elements.

Big Jack McBastard

I may join you shortly Neil.

madhair what's your tag? Are you on Live?

Neil

Anyone up for some Saturday Horde? Getting tired of public players leaving in the 20's and 30's.

Big Jack McBastard

I'll be on in about 20 mins.

madhair60

My tag is Slappybert.  And no, unfortunately I only play 360 at a friend's as I don't own one.  I do play PC/Steam mind, on which my username is the same as here.

Big Jack McBastard

Ah, my piratical ways preclude me from a lot of multiplayer stuff on my PC unfortunately.

Sorry I dropped out early tonight, some git wanted to use the internet for 4 hours of guff and since my modem is old (and shite) it's only capable of handling one connection at a time. Bah.

Big Jack McBastard

Actually I'll bet you're still on... I'll find out shortly.

Edit: Bah

Neil

Finished the single-player campaign the other night.  Loved it.  Gears has always been better than the sum of its parts, managing to transcend the frankly laughable 'steroid-addled space marines with big guns' conceit at the heart of it.  The story finishes out in spectacular style. 
Spoiler alert
A really emotional ending, when most games tend to be quite underwhelming in this regard.  C Carmine popping up unharmed was so, so good.  Marcus taking off his do-rag and appearing in civvies was good stuff - I hate when there's a 'oh, but WE MIGHT BE BACK' touch to the end of a story, which tends to undermine everything you've just been through.  Nowt like that here, this storyline is done, so roll on the prequels, I guess.  Was on tenterhooks throughout, waiting to see who would make it, and who wouldn't.  Figured Marcus himself might die.  Dom going was very, very well done.
[close]

Still loving Horde and now dipping more into the versus modes.  Capture The Leader is a brilliant gametype, but I wish there were more modes overall.  Beast is a great idea, but far, far too short-lived.  Seems this will be getting rectified, as they've confirmed some DLC will be specifically for expanding Horde/Beast.  First DLC, though, will be a new campaign, featuring the bloke from the Gears comics, rather than Delta Squad. 

I do hate this new DLC thing of 'paying to unlock content on the disc' that Gears is also doing.  Greedy bastards.  Toying with the idea of getting the season pass to save money, but then it doesn't seem worth it, as some of that will just be new maps, and I'll likely be sick of it by then.  Already starting to get a bit of fatigue, given the intensity with which I've been playing it since last Monday!

BeardFaceMan

Well I'm all pissed off with horde now. Fed up with people leaving after 2 or 3 waves, usually down to 3 people by wave 20. Why the fuck would you start playing if you're only gonna play for half hour? Grrr. I think it's gonna be damn near impossible to complete wave 50 by going on public mode, too many people leave. . So if a few people here with a few hours to spare want to band together and have at go at cracking this 50 wave monster I'm well up for that.

Big Jack McBastard

I am in.

I need a bit of a break from Dark Souls anyway. Name a date and time and provided I'm not in work the next day[nb]fairly infrequent[/nb] I'll fight to the bitter fucking end with ya!

I'm sure Neil will too if we can drag him away from BF3.

I could probably do with getting my levels up a little though, I've got Barrier Master and am working on Turrets and Decoys but my sentry level is pretty low and I've only just broken the duck of the Silverback. I might have a few futile sessions this evening to beef them up a bit.

Anyone else joining up for this needs to have an arse of steel and several straight hours of free time. Don't worry we'll let you go for a piss and eat if you must.

VegaLA

I've been tied up these past few weekends and am need of some Live gaming so if you good people are around 6PM next saturday i'll see you on XBL!

Big Jack McBastard

mook

when did legos stop being simple?

Big Jack McBastard

When lonely nerds found their old stashes in the attic and decided to have masturbation contests over the internet with it probably.

Penfold

I actually finished this game!

Never played the first, completed most of the second and made it to the credits on this.

Suppose I should go and give Deus Ex a proper go

or...

I could try Horde and the other modes, but would that mean listening to teenagers picking on me for being rubbish?

Neil

Very quiet in Xbox-headset land, these days, for some reason.  So, no, and DO TRY HORDE.

I'd be on for a bunch of us getting stuck into it, by the way.  Went back last night for Ticker Tuesday, got to wave 11, loved the madness of it...the the host disconnected, so I went back to BC2.  Quitting twats.