Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,462
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Could Jim Davidson ever make a comeback?

Started by 2 Light Ales Please, February 25, 2011, 01:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: dr beat on January 30, 2014, 06:18:55 PM
This is in this weeks Popbitch mailout - so maybe take with a pinch of salt, but it sounds like a plausible story

It's better than the alternative of believing there exists a sizeable amount of people who don't think Jim's a massive twat.

McFlymo

Less than 1 minute into this and already I was pretty angry: http://youtu.be/mGAQ3PHJhqo

About 3 minutes in (just after his "Hkk...hkkk..." joke about having a foreign driving license) was my limit.

It's not just the offensive stuff, it's the boring "eh? Twitter and Facebook eh?" shite too.
It's like watching my dad, except my dad would have the integrity not to inflict his 'comedy' on an audience.

Glebe

elnombre

I see Jim's pal Richard has fixed it for him to have his own documentary tonight at 9. 'At Least I'm Not Boring' is the title, verging on self parody, particularly from someone who has wrung 40 years out of the same three jokes. I like that rather than using a quote from someone else or a memorable catchphrase (which would necessitate him having one), they went with Jim's self assessment which is tantamount to 'Jim Davidson thinks Jim Davidson is fairly interesting'.

Anyone tuning in?

Thomas

If viewers decide that he is boring, then what? He's cornered himself with that title. He's donned one piece of armour, and it's only stuck on with Velcro.

elnombre

To be fair I suppose its reasonably apt in regard to his 'colourful' history of spousal abuse, drunk driving, racism, sexism and homophobia.

Having said that, Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't boring either, but rare is the occasion that Channel 5 cite this fact as redeeming grounds for a light hearted weeknight reappraisal.

Rolf Lundgren

A much better show would be 'At Least I'm Not Jim Davidson' starring anyone else.

Jawaka

Judging by the tone of this show that's on at the moment - 'At Least I'm Not Boring'. I think it's highly likely he will make a comeback.

Edit: Ugh missed a bunch of mentions of the show above.

elnombre

Quote from: Jawaka on February 10, 2014, 09:22:52 PM
Judging by the tone of this show that's on at the moment - 'At Least I'm Not Boring'. I think it's highly likely he will make a comeback.

I'm convinced its just a collaborative Desmond/Davidson wet dream. He might fill the theatres on his next tour a little more than in recent years, but I can't see him ever having much of a TV career. The Big Brother bump isn't what it was - and even in the show's heyday, it never seemed to do anyone much good beyond a couple of years.

Nice to see Bobby Davro, spokesman for Dorothy Dot Com joking about taking advantage of coked up teenagers though.

BlodwynPig

I think a third fall from grace will utterly destroy him, and for that reason I hope he makes a comeback

Artemis

I'm glad he called Brian Dowling a cunt though, because he definitely is.

BlodwynPig

Additionally, as with the fickle world we live in, these "events" never seem to stay in the public gaze more than a day or so. I mean he won BB and about a day later no-one was mentioning it, they'd moved on to the next giraffe in a box story.

Artemis

elnombre

Quote from: Artemis on February 10, 2014, 09:54:15 PM
Richard Blackwood?!!!

Well, the last time he was on TV he was getting a finger shoved up his arse on This Morning. I guess from there to here is a sideways step for him.

Artemis

Quote from: Jim DavidsonYou can't move forward if you're looking back

You can if you walk backwards while you do it, you stupid thick twat.

elnombre

I see John Virgo was conspicuous in his absence. Jim must have rolled a 1.

Glebe

Davidson could sink Channel 5.[nb]The Channel that no one has anyway.[/nb]

Famous Mortimer

Was there ever an episode 2 of his podcast?

Tiny Poster

Blackwood does pretty well on the live circuit and had a good run in the popular West End Shrek musical.

My mate knocks about with Davidson at Charlton games. When asked about Virgo, Davidson said "Don't talk to me about that cunt".

Artemis

Stevie81

There's always room for a tired old racist with his jokes about the blind and obese...I mean...isn't there?

Theremin

Fuck me, there's a (relatively) large comedy club in Essex boasting on Facebook about having booked the wanker.

The page currently plays host to this heartwarming exchange:

Ian: I'm in a wheelchair, will I be allowed to go? :P

Steve (Promoter): yes wheelchairs are fine so are any other chair

Steve (Promoter): the venue perfectly fine for wheelchairs just need advance notice

Ian: I'm just joking, I don't wanna see him. He refused to do a show once because the front row were all in wheelchairs

Steve (Promoter): well i think things are a little different now

Theremin: Hopefully he still does his 'Chalky White' West Indian character, though.

koeman

'well i think things are a little different now' = 'he's just won Celebrity Big Brother - kerching!'

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 11, 2014, 07:38:31 AM
My mate knocks about with Davidson at Charlton games. When asked about Virgo, Davidson said "Don't talk to me about that cunt".

I want to know more about this. What came between them? Was it anything to do with Davidson producing the pantomime where Virgo sustained the injury that makes him lean to one side?

Ringside

I really enjoyed the formula of the documentary....shows a load of sexist clips, cuts to Jim's mates saying he's not sexist, then Jim saying he's not sexist. Then shows a load of racism, cuts to Jim's mates saying he's not a racist, then indeed sir Jim saying the same. Bit of wife beating, cuts to his mates.....you get the idea.

Maybe we've all been wrong all these years?

great_badir

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 11, 2014, 07:38:31 AM
Blackwood does pretty well on the live circuit and had a good run in the popular West End Shrek musical.

I can't stand him, but yeah - he's a regular go-to for the corporate comedy circuit, along with Dominic why-doesn't-he-tour-anymore-? Littlewood.