Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oscars 2011

Started by Boycey, February 26, 2011, 12:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

(Sorry, not sure is this should be in the movie section - please move if so)

I am living somewhere that has decided not to buy the sick making love in that is The Oscars. However, I need to watch them due to work so does anyone have an idea of an, erm, alternative source where I can watch them?

**balls, I meant to put this in Picture Box**

Johnny Townmouse

Well, there are some live streaming sites that show the oscars live. That's how I watch it. Do a search for Oscars 2011 and live streaming, and you will hit something, although beware of dodgy trojan sites. They can drop out occasionally due to the amount of people watching, but if you can get a couple on the go you should be alright.

Also, it should be available through torrent sites fairly quickly after the ceremony. I got it within a couple of hours last year.

Splendora

I want to watch them this year for some reason but was surprised to find it more complicated than I thought (all this Googling for live streams business).  Didn't they used to be on the BBC with Jonathan Ross and stuff?

El Unicornio, mang

Doing a search for "ABC live stream" is probably the best option

Ja'moke

If Justin Timberlake had his own television channel he would call it Justin TV. And if he were to broadcast the Oscars on his channel he'd probably list it as Academy Awards - THE OSCARS 2011.

dr_christian_troy

-   Cheesey voice over. 'Paris'. Leo in Inception. Hathaway and Franco in the scenes. Hmm, this rings a bell. Baldwin on the plane briefly. H & F in Social Network. Wow, this isn't very good. Then, in the Fighter. Hathaway punches Franco. Inserted in True Grit, badly. Morgan Freeman not sounding like himself, even as a 'narrator'. The King's Speech. Hathaway winking at Firth. Black Swan. Hathaway kind of looking attractive even when she's trying not to be. I'm guessing Franco will be the straight one of the duo tonight then. Baldwin again. Freeman and Baldwin together. The DeLorean for no good reason, but fair enough.

-   Stage. F & H appear, H looking extravagant. Firth clapping Englishly, JT just happy to be there. 'Hollywood's biggest night!' Clap. Clap. H – 'it used to be you get naked, you get nominated!' Someone actually mumbles 'here here'. This is very flat. Franco mumbles. Hathaway seems to be carrying it herself. Says hi to 'Mum', who tells her to 'stand up straight'. Franco and grandma. Everyone cheers because she looks old. 'I just saw Marky Mark.' H: 'It's been a great year for lesbians'. This is incredibly flat.

-   Nice stage set up with 'Gone With The Wind' background. Enter Tom Hanks talking about Gone With The Wind. Basically, 'do you remember these films?'. A nicely done reflection of Titanic, in reference to Art Direction and Cinematography, even though I hate the film. Noms for Achievement in Art Direction: Alice In Wonderland, Harry Potter, The Kings Speech, True Grit. Winner: Alice In Wonderland. Didn't see that coming, but fair enough. Robert Stromberg and Karen O'Hara. Stromberg: 'Why didn't I lose that twenty pounds?' 'All you...guys... deserve to be up here.' He looks like he's in the process of losing twenty pounds on stage. Refers to Tim Burton as 'wacky'. Put a little Wonderland hat on the Oscar. Urgh.

-   Noms in Cinematography: Black Swan, Inception, King's Speech, Social Network, True Grit. Winner: 'Wally Fister for Inception'. Glasses on head. 'Good God, what have you done?' Indeed. 'Breathe it in for a second.' Prat. 'My master, Christopher Nolan.' People clap – 'you're taking up my time!' Obnoxious.

-   All rise for Kirk Douglas, who enters humbly by cane. Speaks actively. On H: 'She's gorgeous! Where were you when I was making pictures?' Noms for Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, Helena Bonham-Carter (appears unconvinced in audience), Jackie Weaver, Melissa Leo, Hayley something (True Grit one). Kirk points out Hugh Jackman laughing. 'Colin Firth's not laughing, he's British'. Cane wrestling. Plays it for tension, bless 'im. Winner: Melissa Leo. She looks more than a little surprised. 'Pinch me!' She's clearly overwhelmed. Thanks all the right people, but pauses a fair bit, waves to the people at the back too, nice touch. Says 'fucking', hah! Holds back tears thanking family. Goes a bit mad near the end. Kirk offers her his cane, a legend to the end.

-   Hathaway being kooky. Mila Kunis and JT appear. They look like a prom couple. JT confesses to being Banksy. Mila looking sexually vicious. IPod joke, grr. Backdrop changes for the animated bit, Shrek. Best Animated Short Film. The winner: The Lost Thing. JT tries to pull off Kirk schtick coyly before the announcement. Short man and tall man accept award. Tall guy has enormous hands. Music begins to play them out.  Short film , short time. Noms for Best Animated Feature Film: How To Train Your Dragon, The Illusionist, Toy Story 3. Winner: Toy Story 3. Not surprising. Lee Unkrich seems to make an unsubtle jab at the Academy, but it passes. Think it was unintentional.

Jim Jarmusch

I can't tell the difference between the awkward pauses and my stream freezing.

anything better out there than atdhenet?

dr_christian_troy

-   Hathaway: 'It was 1929...' The first Oscars set-up as a background. Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem in white tuxedos. Bardem looks chuffed. Brolin looks odd when he's not appearing gruff. Noms for Best Adapted Screenplay: 127 Hours, Toy Story 3, True Grit, The Social Network and Winters Bone. The Winner: Aaron Sorkin for The Social Network. I like. Makes an instance reference to Chayefsky winning for Network 35 years ago. Sharp chap. Fincher: 'Nicest guy in the world.' Music starts to play him out: He's a writer, let him talk you fucks! He doesn't let it falter him, good man.

-   Best Original Screenplay noms: Another Year, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The King's Speech. The winner: The King's Speech. This could be a hint of things to come.... An older gentleman, David Seidler. 'My father said to me, I'll always be a late bloomer.' Both he and Sorkin have come off as the most quick-witted, sharpest and nicest winners so far. Respect these writers.

-   Hathaway dressed up, sitting on the side of the stage, tuxed up. Starts singing, jokingly slagging off absence off Hugh Jackman, who sits there giggling. Jackman smiles, not really surely what the fuck just happened. Franco in a dress, actually quite amusing. 'Weird thing is I just got a text message from Charlie Sheen.' Ha.

-   Russell Brand and Helen Mirren (of Arthur fame). Mirren speaks French, Brand translates, surprisingly pulls it off without limited gitness. Noms for Foreign Film: Biutiful, Dogtooth, In A Better World, Incendies, Outside The Law. The Winner: In A Better World. Confused looking Danish pretty lady on stage. Can barely talk. Trying to hold restraint, but comes off as a bit shaky.

-   Reese Witherspoon looking luverly. Has her face always looked like that, or is it HD? Best Supporting Actor Noms: Christian Bale (HUGE BEARD in audience), John Deadwood Guy, Jeremy Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Geoffrey Rush. The winner: Christian Bale. Huh, didn't expect that. Hmm, so far these wins are all over the place. 'Bloody hell!' It's unusual to hear him in a Laaandon voice. Makes a reference to his outbursts. 'Where's my cwacker?' Gets a groan promoting a trainer. He breaks a bit upon mentioning his wife and daughter.

Neomod

try the saboteur on ustream.

Jim Jarmusch

the-saboteur1 is password protected.

Neomod

odd, I'm watching it now and didn't need a password. Quite a few have been shut down on ustream so maybe it's protected to avoid that happening.

dr_christian_troy

-   It's the President of Brooklyn. No, ABC. A smile on his face that implies that he's shat himself. Lady talks. They leave. Hathaway in a lovely dress. Jackman and Kidman. Sound display as the backdrop. Orchestra on stage playing Star Wars, Larry Of Arabia, E.T., something else. Best Original Score Noms: How To Train Your Dragon, The King's Speech, The Social Network (claps), 127 Hours, Inception. The winner: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for The Social Network! Yay! Trent composed (ha), Atticus dull-voiced.

-   Scarlett Johanson and Matthew McConaughy. Noms for Sound Mixing: Inception, The King's Speech, Salt, The Social Network, True Grit. McConaughy annoys me severely. The winner: Inception. A woman resembling Winona Ryder goes on stage with two guys. It sounds like someone shouts 'get off!', probably not though. Noms for Sound Editing: Inception, Toy Story 3, Tron Legacy, True Grit, Unstoppable. The winner: Inception. Richard King goes on stage, or the Professor as they probably call him. Straightforward speech, gets it all in just before the desperate little orchestra.

-   F & H. F wincing at the lighting it would seem. Marissa Tomei. Scientific and Technical Awards, in which the presenter, in this case Tomei very briefly gives us a show and tell. Franco: 'Congratulations nerds'. Fuck off you toothy get.

-   Cate Blanchett on stage. Talks about Lord Of The Rings. Noms for Make Up: Barney's Version (need to see that), The Way Back, The Wolfman. The winner: The Wolfman. Rick Baker, good man. Looks like a wolf too. Noms for Costume Design: Alice In Wonderland, I Am Love, The King's Speech, The Tempest, True Grit. The winner: Alice In Wonderland. This is a very unpredictable evening, personally. Colleen Atwood goes on stage, pulls out speech, g'ah. Yeah orchestra, play her out, I'll give you this one.

-   Random excerpt of people caught not too far from the Kodak earlier in the day and asked what their favourite Oscar song is. Desperate. Obama likes 'As Time Goes By'.

-   Spacey singing. 'Good evening I'm George Clooney.' Noms for Best Original Song: Toy Story (Randy Newman on the piano, but could be Henry Kissinger), Tangled (Mandy Moore looking good in blue). The chap she sings with dresses as Seinfeld should dress. I don't know why.

wearyworld

The user LewisF695 on ustream is "freaking out" due to the number of people on his channel; reading out tweets and "shout-outs," as if presenting the worst ever Live at the Apollo; cutting frequently to a shot of his own face, sometimes placed as a window over half the screen; insisting on shouting over everything and everybody. When Kevin Spacey was on, Lewis was bigging-up some new "followers" and celebrating his newfound fame before saying, "I'm gonna let you watch this guy ... whoever he is ... who is he? I don't know." He doesn't know who Spacey is but he insists on giving inane commentary on the whole fucking show. It's a metaphor for our whole society. When the Star Wars music came on he shouted "STAR WARS! LOVE STAR WARS!" Then talked over Randy Newman, saying, "I actually like this song. I know it's from Toy Story and you're not supposed to like songs from Toy Story ..."

But I can't turn him off.

Neomod

The panel on sky, A more pointless group I can't imagine.

Neomod

Quote from: wearyworld on February 28, 2011, 03:11:44 AM
The user LewisF695 on ustream is "freaking out" due to the number of people on his channel; reading out tweets and "shout-outs," as if presenting the worst ever Live at the Apollo; cutting frequently to a shot of his own face, sometimes placed as a window over half the screen; insisting on shouting over everything and everybody. When Kevin Spacey was on, Lewis was bigging-up some new "followers" and celebrating his newfound fame before saying, "I'm gonna let you watch this guy ... whoever he is ... who is he? I don't know." He doesn't know who Spacey is but he insists on giving inane commentary on the whole fucking show. It's a metaphor for our whole society. When the Star Wars music came on he shouted "STAR WARS! LOVE STAR WARS!" Then talked over Randy Newman, saying, "I actually like this song. I know it's from Toy Story and you're not supposed to like songs from Toy Story ..."

I could take about 3 minutes of that twat. Did he eventually turn his tv up?

riotinlagos

Quote from: wearyworld on February 28, 2011, 03:11:44 AM

He just got 'bootered'.

dr_christian_troy

-   Franco looking paler. Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaaaaal. Jake looks spiffing, as does Amy. Amy seems pleased to have said 'George Lucas'. Jake makes a point of saying 'watch short films'. Noms for Documentary Short: Killing In The Name, Poster Girl, Strangers No More, Sun Come Up, The Warriors of Quiquang. The winner: Strangers No More. Odd couple approach stage. Woman with wig, probably. Shaky head. Big bloke with a wig, probably, thanks people. Noms for Best Live Action Short: The Confession, The Crush, God Of Love, Nawewe, Wish 143. The winner: God Of Love. Another bloke with a wig, definitely this time. 'I should have got a haircut, hey everybody!' Heh. Thanks his mother for the catering. Seems like a very kindly bunny. FUCK OFF FRANCO.

-   They make Ron Weasley sing. Load of bollocks. Then Tom Hanks in Toy Story 3. Then JT in Social Network. Erm, Twilight. Oh, they're allowed to manipulate the films. Hathaway dances all tassles.

-   Oprah Winfrey. Ahem. Seems disappointed none of them gave her a standing ovation. Noms for Best Documentary Feature: Exit Through The Giftshop, Gasland, Inside Job, Restrepo, Wasteland. The winner: Inside Job. Need to see that. The man makes a point about no one going to jail. Forget that though, it's the movies, yeah? The woman speaks elegantly.

-   Hathaway with her hair down. Enter: Billy Crystal. Standing ovation. 'So, where was I?' His memories of the Oscars, and Bob Hope. 'He flipped me off'. A Bob Hope tribute, of sorts. A Bob Hope hologram! He makes the jokes then introduces Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr, who look ready to solve a mystery. Jude Law makes a Bat Girl prostitute joke, it all seems to be a sly implication that Downey Jr doesn't take himself seriously. Hmm. Best Visual Effects noms: Alice, Potter, Hereafter, Inception, Iron Man 2. Winner: Inception. In the lead now, but I'm still not sure where this is going. Four men.

-   Noms for Film Editing: Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech, The Social Network, 127 Hours. The winner: The Social Network. Jesse stands to applaud. The two men hug. Fincher has seemed very solemn for the duration so far.

-   Franco with his stiff neck, making innuendos from film titles. 'Remarkable singer, actress...and woman.' Jennfer Hudson introduces Florence Welch and someone else singing from 127 Hours. Got this Enya thing going on. Hudson looking very pretty. Gwyneth Paltrow singing from Country Strong. Okay, I'll give it a go. I've always had a soft spot for her, since that end scene in Se7en. Don't think much of the singing to be honest. The winner: Randy Newman for Toy Story 3. Standing ovation. 'I want to be good television so badly.' Seems quite frustrated. And deadly.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Neomod on February 28, 2011, 03:12:33 AM
The panel on sky, A more pointless group I can't imagine.

Normally I cover those bits in my account, but really can't be arsed tonight. Completely dull.

dr_christian_troy

-   Death roll, accompanied by Celine Dion singing Smile. Urgh. Forgot about Sally Menke, and Chasen. Nielsen. Chabrol. Old Pete. Pat Neal. Susannah York.  Kershner. Hopper. De Laurentiis. Blake Edwards. A load more. RIP. No clapping during seems unusual.

-   Halle Berry introduces Lena Horne singing Stormy Weather, for about 10 seconds. 'It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.'

-   Hathaway in blue. So many costume changes. Hilary Swank bought on to say director's names, brings in Kathryn Bigelow. Noms for Directing: Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech, The Social Network, True Grit. The winner: The King's Speech. Hmm. He looks familiar. Helena looks a bit more smiley in the audience. Tom Hooper recalls how his mother ended up recommending checking out the stage play of The King's Speech.

-   Stiff head Franco introduces The Annette Bening. Bulworth all smiles in the audience. Introduces The Government Awards. Spacey, De Niro, Godard (couldn't attend), Lucas talks about Coppola as if he wasn't there. Brownlow, Coppola and Wallach appear on stage behind a photo of them on a stage. Standing ovation.

-   Dull Franco and Hathaway still in blue. Jeff Bridges on stage. Yay! The Dude with his lovely beard. The best granddad. Noms for Best Actress: Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman (goggle eyed), Jennifer thingy (Winters Bone), Natalie Portman (please), Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine). The winner: Natalie Portman. Woohoo! I thoroughly enjoyed Black Swan, and have enjoyed her in most films since seeing her in Leon years ago, so am rather pleased about this one. Aronofsky: 'a fearless leader and visionary', and having not seen him for years, he looks truly gentlemanly. Bridge strolls off with her.

-   Hathaway hesitates. Sandra Bullock in red. Noms for Best Actor: Javier Bardem (need to see Biutiful), Jeff (Sandra: Dude!), Jesse Eisenberg (Sandra somehow implies a wanking joke as far as I can tell), Colin Firth (seems calm and yet nervous at the same time), James Franco (FUCK OFF). The winner: Colin Firth. Good show! 'I have a feeling my career's just peaked!' Threatens to dance. Has a Ralph from Fast Show grace. Weinstein spotted. Mumbles to avoid tears as he leaves mic.

-   Spielberg enters on to the sounds of Jurassic Park. He puts the noms into perspective that all the Best Picture noms have already won, in a way. Noms for Best Picture: King's Speech, Inception, Black Swan, The Kids Are All Right, Winter's Bone, The Social Network, 127 Hours, True Grit, The Fighter and Toy Story 3. I think. It's all done via clips with the King's Speech over it. Seems...ominous. Let's see....The winner? The King's Speech. Oh well. Large crowd. Unexcitable speeches. Music tries to cut them out, then does it again. Heh.

-   Franco and Hathaway introduce a New York choir to sing 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. Winners come on stage, with Newman looking like he'll kick a child, and Melissa Leo probably miming 'Cunt'. Christ on a bollocking bastard bike.

Well, that's it from me.

Goodnight!

Ja'moke

It was all rather flat wasn't it? I couldn't tell if Franco was actually bored to fuck with the whole thing or was just bad, the guy is so meta he's hard to read. He was tweeting backstage during the ceremony, and while on stage at one point! He'll probably be teaching a seminar about it all next week.

Hathaway's enthusiasm was kind of adorable, and she looked super hot. The material was weak though, and no matter how much charm Hathaway has, she couldn't save it.

As for the results themselves, severely predictable.

The Duck Man

Rather late, but... I googled 2012 predictions. These two are the only ones I could find. So there you go.