Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need someone to tell you how it is? Ask Joanna Lumley

Started by 2 Light Ales Please, March 01, 2011, 05:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Light Ales Please

I've just read this article on the BBC news website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12596596 in it, Joanna Lumley says ridiculous things about children being lawless little scumbags and compares Britain to Ehtiopia in the most ridiculous way possible.

Perhaps it's out of context as I haven't read the original Radio Times interview, but her comments are not simply daft, they're bizarre.

This gem is my favourite bit: "In Ethiopia... you might find a seven-year-old expected to take 15 goats out into the fields for the whole day with only a chapati to eat and his whistle.

"Why are we so afraid to give our children responsibilities like this?

Probably because most people don't have goats and the quality of life in this country means we don't have to make our children work on farms in order to survive.

Since when has a millionaire pensioner been an expert on how children live?

biggytitbo

If Joanna likes plain speaking honest talking so much:

Joanna, your teeth are fucking disgusting.

Jake Thingray

My would-be girlfriend claims la Lumley looks "really rough" up close.

I do have, in my collection of perviness, a split-beaver photo that the chap who sold it to me claims is la Lumley, personally I'm not too sure. Am surer that she almost certainly votes Conservative, and that her high profile is due less to talent than playing the showbiz game. There are innumerable actresses who could have, and did have at one point, a more deserving place in the firmament, for example Susannah York who died recently. Due to the annoying English preference for 'the gifted amateur', this former model and bit-parter gets described as some sort of 'comic icon', her performance in JAM AND JERUSALEM was real amateur dramatics stuff.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: Jake Thingray on March 01, 2011, 06:45:55 PM
I do have, in my collection of perviness, a split-beaver photo that the chap who sold it to me claims is la Lumley,

"Mucky photos Sir? Why for only five guineas you could have a glimpse of Joanna Lumley's glistening growler."

Jake Thingray

The original that the photo was taken from appears blurred at the sides, as if some sort of fluid had been disgorged near to it...hmmmm.

Tokyo Sexwhale

<Ahem> If I say "Doctor Who is shit" - will you send me a copy?

Eis Nein

The Lumley is nothing more than a filthy, foul-smelling hole that is entered repeatedly by dozens of men daily.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on March 01, 2011, 08:37:15 PM
<Ahem> If I say "Doctor Who is shit" - will you send me a copy?

At the risk of missing the joke, sure, if I can work out how to use my scanner.

CollaterlySisters

Quote from: 2 Light Ales Please on March 01, 2011, 05:32:52 PM"... a seven-year-old expected to take 15 goats out into the fields for the whole day with only a chapati to eat and his whistle...

Since when has a millionaire pensioner been an expert on how children live?
Bear Grylls could teach the little tyke how to fashion said whistle into a handy carving knife & Jamie Oliver'd show him that goat+ chapati = kebab. Alan Sugar could come up with a marketing strategy... is this on Comic Relief?