Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:12:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bosses that took far too long to beat

Started by Cerys, March 05, 2011, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Hoover

I ended up just using a guide that told how to get the things like underwater material and knowing how to breed gold chocobo's

I think there's some trick to beating Ruby where you only use cloud and have the two members knocked out.

Anyway having master level Final Attack linked to Phoenix will be a huge help in those battles, along with W Summon, Knights of the round and Omnislash.

It's frustrating though, the rewards for beating ruby and emerald - the master materia's are so good, I still hold out hope that some day there will be some way I can use my overpowered to fuck characters on something more challenging and tactical. I almost don't even have to press anything to beat Sephiroth as it is.

I seem to remember the Lucky 7s being useful against the Weapons, it's very hazily tucked in the back of some musty corner of my 16-year-old's mind, though. Fuck, that's almost half my life ago.

Little Hoover

mcbpete

Quote from: Cerys on March 14, 2011, 11:40:39 AM
The trick is to get Knights of the Round, W-Summon and Mime.  If you're lucky you can twat Emerald before it gets any attack off at you.  Ruby took a bit more working out, but it's essentially the same attack plan.
I don't know what I did wrong (plus god knows where my memory card with FF7 saves on it is) but I had that exact setup, I could do the W-Summon of Knights of the Round but then using mime just came up with something like 'Cannot Mime', then I'd just get twatted by Ruby and die. This was about a decade ago though and I didn't have the intarwebs, nowadays I can probably just google 'Cannot Mime' and see what I did wrong ....

Cerys

mcbpete

I bet I bloody was as well !

It's a wonder I beat the game at all remembering back, it was the first JRPG I'd ever played and I had no idea what I was doing half the time - For ages (like 15 hours of game time) I had 'All' materia linked to nothing until a friend of mine pointed what an idiot I was...

I think my success in the game was only due to the countless hours of grinding up the levels in the field.

Little Hoover

I think I cried at not being able to beat a certain boss after about 50 attempts, as I utterly refused to do more grinding. I remember it was the materia keeper who can be tough because he's one of those bosses who can suddenly do very strong physical attacks when he feels like it.

Eventually I just decided I'd have to go all the way back to Nibelheim to strengthen up and stock up on supplies.

izzy

Quote from: Cerys on March 05, 2011, 05:18:07 PM
I've finally toasted the Tomb Raider Anniversary centaurs.  Three years after I first tried.  In my defence, I haven't had a PS2 for most of those three years.  One (or rather two) of the most annoying bosses I've ever encountered.  Can I hear a 'hell yeah'?

Ooooh the hate. Good you fried them.

Cerys

Ta muchly.

I'm now scuppered by a series of timed jumps in a later level.  Bah.