Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:53:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Guilty!

Started by 2 Light Ales Please, March 16, 2011, 12:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Light Ales Please

Does anyone remember Guilty!?[nb]It has a Wikipedia page, but it's not particularly reliable.[/nb] - A late nineties Jeremy Kyle sort of show based around a court and hosted by reactionary, right-wing bigot Carol Malone.  The guests would play the role of defence/prosecution and both argue their case, with the audience playing the jury.  Guests would range from boring (young woman drinks too much) to just fucking weird (pensioner working as male stripper).  My friend and I spent most of last summer staying up until 4 in the morning to watch it.

Has anyone else seen this gem of a show? If not, I suggest you do as soon as possible.

Lfbarfe

Remember it? Sky 3 was still showing it all the time until it rebranded as Pick TV the other week, and I'll be amazed if Pick TV doesn't keep showing the bleeding things.

EDIT: Just checked. Every morning at 6am.

2 Light Ales Please

It's good to know.  I can't watch it anymore as I have things to do these days, but it really is the finest piece of shit television you're ever likely to see.  I've had drug induced 'incidents' less worrying than that show.

Lfbarfe

I don't remember it being on at 6am when I've caught it, to be frank. It's more a 2am 'Jesus Christ, what's this?' affair. I love the fact that the set looks like a padded cell. I have wondered, in idle moments, what the feckless gobshites who appeared on it are doing now over a decade later. Dead, probably.

Rev

Never saw it, but I take it that this was the show that had billboards and posters splattered all over Duke Nukem 3D?  They didn't quite sit well, but product placement wasn't such a big deal back then and I'd never heard of the show, so I assumed it was a fictional bit of background stuff made up for the game.  Effective advertising, there.

2 Light Ales Please

Certainly most of the audience will be dead by now, they were mainly pensioners anyway.  Unfortunately though, Carol Malone is still plying her trade.

Small Man Big Horse

When my friends went it was mostly students (unsurprisingly, perhaps, as they were approached in Cambridge city centre and begged to come along) and they said it was quite cheesy fun to be involved in. But we were young and innocent back then.

MissInformed

Nearly every episode I saw featured a fat girl who wanted to flaunt it and her friends/mother/sister who thought she was too fat to be allowed out in public. Not the same fat girl every time either, different ones.