Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Free Euro 2004 Fantasy League

Started by @ssmaster, May 26, 2004, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

Heads up people, I have started a fantasy league for the Euro 2004 tournament on http://sportinglife.fantasyeurofootball.com/

The league is called The Sun Machine and the password is tsm

Feel free to join, there is a transfer amnesty until 11th June.

Rest of the rules are here http://sportinglife.fantasyeurofootball.com/default.aspx?page=rules

weekender

Ah, good stuff, cheers @ssmaster.  A further chance to ruin the careers of international footballers by picking them in my team and watching them fall to pieces...

king mob

Another league to fuck up at the last minute.

Purple Tentacle

Yeah go on then, I've joined.

I'll be one of those "control" teams managed by someone who knows next to nothing about football.

king mob

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Yeah go on then, I've joined.

I'll be one of those "control" teams managed by someone who knows next to nothing about football.

You are Andy Townsend & i claim my fiver.

I can't see where I log onto The Sun Machine league.  I am probably just being dumb.

Timmay

Click on mini-league admin on the menu on the left, nearish the top. Then say you want to join a league, and type the name, and password of the league.

It's no good, I really an being dumb.  Firstly, I cannot find where it says to join a mini-league - I presume I have to register first.  However, when I try to register, the "submit" button doesn't work, even though I've ticked the box confirming I accept the terms of use.

Timmay

That is weird. Yes, you do have to register and create a team before you can join a league, but if I go to the register page, all I have to do is check the box and the submit button becomes active.

The website's probably got it's computer-spacky filter on.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"It's no good, I really an being dumb.  Firstly, I cannot find where it says to join a mini-league - I presume I have to register first.  However, when I try to register, the "submit" button doesn't work, even though I've ticked the box confirming I accept the terms of use.

Ok register first, activate your account then pick your team (you can chop and change as much as you like up until June 11th when the trnasfers will then be limited)

Once you have your team sorted click on the league tab at the top of the page and you will then see a link called 'My Mini League' at the left hand side. Click that and state that you want to join a league and then put in:-

The Sun Machine (league name)
tsm (password)

Your team will then of joined the league. It looks like it doesn't show up straight away so don't worry.

I think my 'pooter was twatting about.  Just rebooted it and I've registered no problem.  Now I just have to wait until I get home to get on e-mail and activate the bugger.

It's simple this.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"I think my 'pooter was twatting about.  Just rebooted it and I've registered no problem.  Now I just have to wait until I get home to get on e-mail and activate the bugger.

It's simple this.

No one said being an International Manager is easy.

Purple Tentacle

So who's who then?

The Purple Tentacles, king mob United and RaaRaa FC are fairly self explanatory, but who's who?

@ssmaster

I'm FC Big Kahunas, I just noticed that they have players available that aren't even in the tournament (example being Wes Brown) so be careful when picking your team.

weirdbeard

I'm in for this one, and my team name is Professor Beckham.

mayer

i've joined... not picked my team yet though... i'll do it tomorrow evening probably.

i know absolutely nothing about non-English football, and i only think i know anything about that. should be good fun though.

Rubbish Monkey

I've joined in just to play with you bigger boys.

Tokyo Sexwhale

I'm in, and I even resisted the impulse to pick Quim.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"I'm in, and I even resisted the impulse to pick Quim.

You should of picked Quim, he goes down in the box a lot.

....I will get my obvious coat.

danabnormal

just signed up and picked my team , so looks like we all know who will be bottom of the league this year!!
and my team nane, suprise, suprise is the abnormals

phes

I've just joined, beware the MONK EXPLOSION

weekender

I hastily picked a 4-3-3 system which I've decided is bollocks, so I shall be re-registering using my work e-mail tomorrow.

Does this mean my initial fuck-up team is still going to be registered to the league?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "weekender"I hastily picked a 4-3-3 system which I've decided is bollocks, so I shall be re-registering using my work e-mail tomorrow.

Does this mean my initial fuck-up team is still going to be registered to the league?

I've made the same mistake, not realising how much more strikers cost than midfielders.

Having actually read the rules, 3-5-2 looks the way to go.

Doctor Stamen

Okay, who's called their team Darlaston?

My team is named FC Where's Mark Kinsella? as a tribute to one of Europe's most naturally gifted players, who will sadly be missing from this summer's footballing fiesta.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Darlaston Villa would have been better.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Doctor Stamen"Okay, who's called their team Darlaston?

That would be Daveytaylor

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Nonce City is Ms_Tentacle

An admirable moniker for a teacher.

I've not picked my team yet, but I was miffed to see that a 4-5-1 is not possible.  Seemed the obvious answer when looking at the rules.

And you can't pick Quim.  Ireland didn't qualify.  And he's retired anyway.