Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lego Games

Started by ozziechef, March 21, 2011, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziechef

Any other Lego game fans out there?

My wife and I play these games together - it's the only real games she plays. We'veplayed them all - Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, Rock Band, Harry potter. She's insanely excited that there's a new Star Wasr game out on Friday. My favourite is Lego Batman I think.

Unusually with games we like to grind them out - collecting every mini kit piece, every character. They are the perfect mix of fun and replayability I think and the co-op is second to none.

Am I the only one to play these games that some might consider childish?

P.S Pirates of the Carribean out soon, I'm waiting for Lord of the Rings.

I wish I had a wife. I used to play Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy (1&2) with my ex-ex-girlfriend and they were some sweet times, man. Sweet times. I still have a 90% complete Zelda game saved right there, can't bring myself to delete it...just can't bring myself to delete it...

Also, I've no reason whatsoever to do so. What, am I going to need four separate saves of Twilight Princess? A game I've already completed twice on my own?! That doesn't make any sense.

spanky

Wait, there's a new Lego Star Wars? They've done both trilogies, what's left?

I loved both Star Wars titles, followed by Batman and then Indiana Jones in that order. Didn't bother with Harry Potter or the others, but there's a Pirates of the Caribbean one to come I believe, might look into that.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: spanky on March 21, 2011, 01:09:51 PM
Wait, there's a new Lego Star Wars? They've done both trilogies, what's left?

Fucking Clone Wars bollocks.

Ghostbusters would work great, but I'm pretty sure they have to make the toy first to qualify.

spanky

Oh, the cartoon series. I haven't seen a second of it, but the previous two were enough to warrant a purchase (when it invariably drops in price)

I'm crossing my fingers that Lego get a James Bond tie-in for the upcoming film.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: spanky on March 21, 2011, 01:18:52 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that Lego get a James Bond tie-in for the upcoming film.

Not if it's yet another dull grey humourless load of toss, no. Brosnan would have been lego-fied in a second. Is there Dr Who lego yet?

ozziechef

Lego Toy Story - you can buy it as a toy and there are three films to make. Lego Star Wars 3 is Clone Wars related.

is there actually Lego Batman toys?

madhair60

I want Lego Lord of the Rings.  It would work perfectly and lend itself really nicely to the hack-n-slash gameplay of the series.  Plenty of characters, too.

(Having said that, the actual co-op PS2/Gamecube Return of the King game is already pretty fucking good)

rudi

My girlfriend only plays those stupid escape-type games. I'm horribly jealous. :-(

Ignatius_S

Quote from: ozziechef on March 21, 2011, 01:54:05 PM
....is there actually Lego Batman toys?

There was - pretty sure they don't produce any now.