Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim and Eric - "Body Boys: Legend of the Piers"

Started by madhair60, March 24, 2011, 09:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

New Tim and Eric short - stuck it in my Dropbox.

(Removed link - don't post/request TV shows on here please.)

kittens

This was alright - not hilarious, but not awful either. It does say something that I expect everything they do to be hilarious, though.

Either way, thanks for uploading. big kiss XXXXX

Jemble Fred

Ah well, I thought that was some of the funniest T&E I've seen. Needed more Tim, but still. I echo the thanks, anyway.

Tiny Poster

Tim Heidecker and Davin Wood's new album Starting From Nowhere is pleasantly amusing. Though it probably helps if you dig Yacht Rock (Steely Dan in particular).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGK1ZPa4iM

Johnny Townmouse

I found it a little too well produced, but the sight of Eric breathing out condensation did it for me.

hedgehog90

What luck! I've just seen the first series of Tim & Eric Awesome Show, and I was about to start thread about them.
I really love it. I'm very much loving Limmy's Show atm, and it's strange to discover 2 shows at the same time that are so unique yet very similar.

I read somewhere on here yesterday that T&E was an inspiration for Limmy and that is quite apparent from watching Limmy's Show. And I believe T&E were inspired by Mr Show before it (it's nice to follow the thread... I must work out what Mr Show was inspired from next...)
All of those shows are fucking great, but T&E suits me to the bone.
It's the comedy equivelent of self-produced & manufactured punk from the late 70s/early 80s.
Adult Swim meets Rough trade.
There's something about the mad micro-looping or the mashed up videos that I also love. I can't put my finger on why though...

It's a pretty mad show, and the title sequence displays this pretty well.

I was expecting something like the Demitri Martin show, but got something a little more..... malformed and mutated. I like that.

Johnny Townmouse

Hedge, glad to hear you have found T&E and like it so much. Have you seen Tom Goes to the Mayor?

You know have two choices - go and see Check it Out! with Steve Brule and laugh!

or

Read some of the threads on this forum regarding the questionable treatment of the shows regulars by T&E, and feel a bit conflicted.

hedgehog90

I haven't seen Tom Goes to Mayor, but I'll check it out... As I am currently checking out Check It Out with Dr Steve Brule... (By which I mean illegally downloading it)
It looks great :)

Questionable treatment of show regulars? Really? I can't tell if that's a joke or not :)
That evangelist guy with the puppets (from a PBS in America? I saw him on Screenwipe once - it was amazing) I did wonder to myself... does this guy know what he's doing? Is he doing this for laughs or is he just very confused and are Tim & Eric making fun of them?
Then again, Chris Morris - the God of this forum - has done far meaner stuff with his fake interviews/campaigns... yet everybody here knows that these are some of the greatest pieces of comedy put to film.

Also, the the Uncle Muscle stuff, while very funny, is quite questionable (making fun of severely retarded people).
That said, it doesn't reduce my opinion of the show. It's done innocently enough that it doesn't bother me.

I'm guessing that's not what you mean though. What did Tim & Eric do to their regulars?
Bad sex?
I've tried searching the forums but I keep getting told "You are not allowed to search for posts in this forum."

Anyway, Tim & Eric, regardless of the way they treat the cast members, is fucking great! (job)

Tiny Poster

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 26, 2011, 11:50:50 AM
That evangelist guy with the puppets (from a PBS in America? I saw him on Screenwipe once - it was amazing) I did wonder to myself... does this guy know what he's doing? Is he doing this for laughs or is he just very confused and are Tim & Eric making fun of them?

Here's part of documentary, focussing on that guy (David Liebe Hart):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-mZVPGKSk

As you can see, he clearly has learning difficulties. Which makes this look like nothing but bullying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAfae0G_6gY

Retinend

The OP video was hilarious.

"Yep. Back in the day I was... a beach... whore. More of a beach slut. I wasn't getting paid or anything"
"He was no longer just a hole to us. He was one of the pipers now."

I used to find the Tim and Eric style of animation quite nauseating (lots of compositing of live-action elements with deliberately shoddy photoshop-ery on top), but now I'm used to it (after 5 seasons of Awesome Show) I really enjoyed all the silly 'tricks' in this one - especially the two-man stunts.

Quote from: Tiny Poster on March 25, 2011, 09:58:39 AMThough it probably helps if you dig Yacht Rock (Steely Dan in particular).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGK1ZPa4iM

[moan about the offensive term you used deleted. not worth it]

hedgehog90

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2FX5e7zx-M&feature=related

Wow, I just watched the entire 20 minutes of the T&E with David Liebe Hart video.

I'm not really sure what to think... What they did definitely seemed quite cruel, but I'm sure they're not like that to him all the time (off camera)
They just completely hijacked the show and ignored almost every question posed to them, or answered them in song.
I found the bit where they told him to make the sounds of various things in the song was pretty horrible. The guy's clearly got a problem, and they're making fun of him for it... that's pretty cruel, and it perhaps shows their insensitivities to people like this.
I didn't read the comments, but judging from the rating, most people found this all incredibly funny.
It had it's moments, but most of it was just awful to watch and it didn't make me chuckle.
I think even Chris Morris wouldn't dream of doing anything like this.

Hmm...
Then again, how has this David Liebe Hart person got a PBS show? It's not right.

Maybe the mega-liberal comedians of the late-80s and 90s from the UK have made me too sensitive to this type of stuff...
Maybe Frankie Boyle is making a point when he does a tasteless joke about retarded people... they speak funny... the walk funny... I guess that makes them really funny!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Look at my hateful tears of laughter pouring down my face!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

defmem

The Dave Liebe Hart thing is certainly a quandry. He's clearly mentally ill - there's a long article somewhere on the net about a journalist's encounter with him which is a troubling read - however I don't agree that that means he's being completely exploited by T&E. His performances have often showed a level of self-awareness as to his role in the show. Specifically in the Tim & Eric Nite Live 'production meeting' episode its James Quall who's unable to shed the character, Harte acts (and it may just be he was acting hard) as a quietly involved member of the production team, who puts on the character for a rehearsal (when Harte & Tim work on one of his songs).

It is definitely dodgy ground, but I can't believe it's as simple as a case of A) He's in on it, so alls fine, or B) He's mental, they're victimising him!!!

Some criticism of this issue I've seen online (not here) seems to think self awareness and mental illness are mutually exclusive. This can be the case i suppose, but it seems mildly offensive to me that Harte is almost automatically seen as a victim.

New T&E vid out by the way, feat. the voice of one P Serafinowicz

Slaaaaabs

The T&E short film "The Terrys" was part of the hit & (usually) miss Funny Or Die TV show this past week (season 2, episode 10). Easily the most fucked up thing they've done, I won't spoil it.

hedgehog90

Retinend

The Terrys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEHooNUxslM

I wouldn't say it's the strangest thing they've done (remember O MAMA?), but it's certainly their most vile and profane.

Quote from: hedgehog90 on March 28, 2011, 11:55:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I2tEybYDu0

One of my favourite Awesome Show bits. I DON'T NEED YOUR DINNER. I HAVE O-HUNGEE.

Onionlimit

I've bought the first two series on DVD and I've really been enjoying them.  I got about halfway through season 2 and decided I'd save some of it for later.  I think the ten minute slot really fits the style of comedy.  And the shorts are about right time wise too.

Does anyone else see a Python influence?  I kind of picked up on that at one point, but as I've seen more that's kind of subsided.

Also, are there only the 2 series available in Region 2?

SteveDave

They're playing the Leicester Square Theatre in July. I have a ticket.

Quote from: SteveDave on May 22, 2011, 04:35:12 PM
They're playing the Leicester Square Theatre in July. I have a ticket.

Nice one for that, had no idea. 2 seats booked. Both nights selling out fast!

dr_christian_troy