Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DVD Easter Eggs

Started by astrozombie, March 24, 2011, 10:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrozombie

So one day I was watching Jam on DVD, having a look at the extras and I started to find hidden features, a deleted scene where Julia Davis is firing a gun from a window, a trailer for "My Wrongs", rehearsal footage from an unfilmed sketch among some other things. Was wondering if there are any easter eggs on the TDT, BE, NB or My Wrongs DVD's....?

Treguard of Dunshelm

There's at least one on TDT DVD, with Morris and Partridge having a discussion about Princess Diana, among other things, but I can't remember how you find it.

An tSaoi

Paaaaul

There are a bunch of audio ones on The Day Today - as far as I remember it's mostly a case of leaving various menus running until they kick in.

I'm pretty sure there's a trailer for Jam hidden on the My Wrongs DVD too -I vaguely remember having to highlight the dog's eyes on one of the menus to find it.

I'm fairly certain there isn't anything hidden on the Brass Eye DVD, and I don't have Barley on DVD so I can't comment on that 'un.

An tSaoi

If you let the Barley menu run it goes to a little sketch in a newsagent's.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Paaaaul on March 25, 2011, 09:01:06 AMI'm fairly certain there isn't anything hidden on the Brass Eye DVD, and I don't have Barley on DVD so I can't comment on that 'un.
There's the 'focus group' one on the Brass Eye DVD
Spoiler alert
on the Special, during the ad-break when 'focus group' pops up at the bottom, press Enter.
[close]

momatt

Quote from: astrozombie on March 24, 2011, 10:29:54 PM
So one day I was watching Jam on DVD, having a look at the extras and I started to find hidden features, a deleted scene where Julia Davis is firing a gun from a window, a trailer for "My Wrongs", rehearsal footage from an unfilmed sketch among some other things. Was wondering if there are any easter eggs on the TDT, BE, NB or My Wrongs DVD's....?

So how did you find these then?  You big tease.

Famous Mortimer

The easter egg on the Nathan Barley DVD is if you take it out and break it into small pieces, you have a better time than actually watching the show.

Check me out with my 5 years too late digs!

Tiny Poster

Interestingly, the same Easter Egg can be found on My Wrongs.

Paaaaul

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on March 25, 2011, 09:31:41 AM
Spoiler alert
on the Special, during the ad-break when 'focus group' pops up at the bottom, press Enter.
[close]
D'oh - I forgot that the commentary was Easter Egg-ish.

non-plussed

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on March 25, 2011, 09:31:41 AM
Spoiler alert
[close]

"It's an analogy"

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Tiny Poster on March 25, 2011, 10:40:10 AMInterestingly, the same Easter Egg can be found on My Wrongs.

Oooh, controversial!