Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gig 'whores

Started by Famous Mortimer, March 25, 2011, 06:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Well Low were absolutely fucking wonderful as per usual last night. They're basically a noise band now, most of the time. Gorgeous harmonies.

And at the venue I saw a poster for Mono, playing in an old church, in October. That'll be good.

Duckula

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 14, 2018, 01:38:16 PM
Saw John Maus absolutely obliterate Leeds last night. Super crowd, total self-annihilation from John, band are on song, ten on ten. Preoccupations in the big room just before were just fine.

I saw yer man John Maus at Primavera earlier this month - was an early slot in the day but ran circles around the fucking shambles that was the Ariel Pink set I saw that weekend.

Crabwalk

Oh Sees in Cambridge tonight. Love the two new songs, hope they get played. Buzzing already.

Greggles, don't attack me if you're there.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Dirty Projectors in August.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 13, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Oh Sees in Cambridge tonight. Love the two new songs, hope they get played. Buzzing already.

Greggles, don't attack me if you're there.
Weren't GrassRoof shit?

Crabwalk

Walked in, saw the topknot on the singer and thought: nope. Was right.

Oh Sees were fucking blinding though. Dream setlist for me pretty much.

non capisco

Oh Sees are always a fuckin party. Seeing em again in London in September, for about the millionth time.

Just catching up with this thread and agree wholesale with Nags about Blonde Redhead. I'm going to the Manchester show myself. Was late to the party, but Misery Is A Butterfly is incredible, as was the follow up. The latter stuff I'm less familiar with, but am looking forward to them immensely. There are so many moments on MIAB and 23 in particular that just give me that feeling that music is incredible.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 14, 2018, 12:14:03 AM
Walked in, saw the topknot on the singer and thought: nope. Was right.

Oh Sees were fucking blinding though. Dream setlist for me pretty much.
I went in relatively green. I knew they would be good, but I was blown away by just how good. Definitely in my top ten bestest gigs. I'll be buying a lot of CDs online tomorrow, and eating noodles for the rest of the month.

Ferris

Just back from seeing Buddy Guy. He's 82, but still got it.

Mugging to camera, performing like madman, he complains about lyrics he doesn't ("I didn't write this fucking song"), went for a 30 minute solo walk around the crowd singing and playing, did a little political speech at the end about loving Canada and how we should all love each other...

Just magic, man.

easytarget

Supersuckers 30th Anniversary show on Friday ("we'll play all of The Smoke of Hell and La Mano Cornuda")
October is looking good : Paradise Lost (finally a show in the US), and Danzig (meh) with Venom Inc (pretend Venom), Powertrip (yes!) and Mutoid Man (YES!). At The Gates and Wolves in the Throne Room are playing together in November. Fucking. Hell. Lads.

Ferris

Arcade Fire at an outdoor auditorium/bowl/amphitheatre thing. Great fun.

hermitical

Quote from: easytarget on July 17, 2018, 05:47:56 AM
Supersuckers 30th Anniversary show on Friday ("we'll play all of The Smoke of Hell and La Mano Cornuda")
October is looking good : Paradise Lost (finally a show in the US), and Danzig (meh) with Venom Inc (pretend Venom), Powertrip (yes!) and Mutoid Man (YES!). At The Gates and Wolves in the Throne Room are playing together in November. Fucking. Hell. Lads.

Saw Supersuckers on the La Mano Cornuda tour at the Narrow Boat (R.I.P) Nottingham, very fond memories not least because the guy I worked with had a great time but died not long afterwards in a skateboard accident, his memorial gig was at the same place (Bob Tilton played).
Missed out on WitTR this time around because I couldn't face the journey :(
Is Danzig doing the whole of How The Gods Kill?

Artie Fufkin

Got my ticket for Raging Speedhorn & Crowbar today - METALLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!

Ferris

Toots and the Maytals in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.

Captain Crunch

A bit dry this end - just Yawning Man on Saturday then nothing for ages.

DrGreggles

Flaming Lips managed to recreate the look of an early 80s TOTP last night.

Crabwalk

PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY CUNT

I was surprised to see them in a venue as small as the Junction. How was it? What sort of set did they play?

DrGreggles

They were fantastic. They always are.
They did 4 or 5 off the latest album, all the favourites and a bonus Bowie cover.

alan nagsworth

Zero respect left for you at this point mate. Absolutely none

Crabwalk

Ha ha, I knew Nags would come out to play!

non capisco

Loads coming up now after a dry gig month. Fucked Up with Bad Breeding supporting! Ariel Pink! Blonde Redhead! Ezra Furman yet again! Oh Sees yet again! Hot Snakes yet again! Probably something else I'm forgetting that I impulse bought on Dice at one in the morning! Viva musica en vivo!!

non capisco

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 24, 2018, 09:56:47 AM
Flaming Lips managed to recreate the look of an early 80s TOTP last night.

So, let me get this straight...you grab their phones and then take a picture with them yourself BEFORE smashing them?

DrGreggles

a) The photo was taken from the back of the venue, so no one's view was compromised
b) I didn't take the photo
c) My issue is with people FILMING, not taking photos
d) Fuck off, you pointless cunt

non capisco

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 25, 2018, 11:32:33 PM
d) Fuck off, you pointless cunt

Unfortunately when I last logged in I clicked on the button that says 'Forever'.

alan nagsworth

Just bagged a ticket to see Melvins at KOKO on October 30th, with Jon Spencer supporting. Various guff has got in the way of me seeing Melvins play over the years, having been a fan for probably a decade and still never fucking seen them, so this is all very exciting indeed.

king_tubby

Ah man, that sounds fucking mint. Is it just Spencer on his own or the full on JSBX experience?

I've seen the Melvins about half a dozen times and they've never failed to be most impressive.

alan nagsworth

I believe it's just yer man on his own, tubbs. That's what he's down as on the support anyway!

Paaaaul

I've got tix for that tour too
Definitely no mention of Blues Explosions.

king_tubby

Hmmm, they're playing here, but at the uni, which is a SHIT venue.