Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Started by VegaLA, March 26, 2011, 03:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

I picked this up today. Read three reviews, two negative one good, so I hit the YT videos to see the gameplay for myself and it was enough to reel me in.
Main criticism the game gets is from Resident Evil fans. No, this game is not your RE survival Horror game, more Gears of War/Socom in the RE enviroment, which suits me perfectly.The game takes place during the 2ND and 3RD games, don't remember much of my limited time with RE 2 and never played RE 3, but if I was going to compare it to anything in the RE universe i'd say it reminded me more of the first film!
Anyway, enjoying it so far, got through the first chapter where some old enemies appeared and started on the second chapter
Spoiler alert
where I finally came face to face with some Zombies. Joy.
[close]
Hoping some of you guys bite on this too as it has online Co-op for the Campaign which should be fun working together.

Famous Mortimer

What system, Mr. LA? I just checked online and it doesn't come out for the 360 for another week.

EDIT: tomorrow. I'm struggling with dates in March. I had that thing where I woke up on Tuesday thinking it was Thursday, and when I discovered I had two extra days of work, I got bummed out.

madhair60

Famous Mortimer

The reviews have just put me off, I think - one average one and one really, really hostile one (from IGN). I don't want to blow the best part of £40 on something that looks as average as the reviews would indicate (although I may change my mind before I finish work for the day).

VegaLA

Yeah, the reviews have not been kind, but Capcom's stupid fault for not having a Demo for it so people can get some time in with it. Gamers expecting RE style survival horror will be disapointed!

Consignia

Quote from: VegaLA on March 22, 2012, 04:24:20 PM
Gamers expecting RE style survival horror will be disapointed!

That's most of the problem though, isn't it? It uses the name, but is nothing like the series it hails from, just shares a few surface things. It's the same problem I have with the movies. I've also heard it's really badly implemented from the couple of reviews I've read, but I wasn't going to touch a squad based shooter with 12ft. zombie pole so it doesn't matter to me either way.

Famous Mortimer

My least favourite thing about RE 5 was the AI of your teammate, who would regularly wander off and get themselves killed, or trapped in some weird bit of scenery. This game sounds like it carries on that glorious tradition. Why are they so desperate to get rid of all the great single-player games?

Big Jack McBastard

I also picked this up this afternoon... and finished it an hour ago.

It's not great, there's some bits that are fun to do and some that make you want to punch the telly, the zombies are f'kin rock unless you pop their heads or take a leg off. I'll have a look at the MP if Vega is up for it, but it's not gonna last long in the pile, next decent title I want that comes out and it's getting traded in.