Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Farley Granger RIP

Started by Ignatius_S, March 29, 2011, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/mar/29/farley-granger-dies-aged-85

A long career - arguably Rope and Strangers on a Train were the most famous roles.

Jake Thingray

Always loved the two Ignatius mentions, as I'm sure he knows the basic plot of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN was later, er, approximated for the COLUMBO episode "A Friend In Deed". The darkly handsome Granger's autobiography, a few years back, was good honest stuff. He was in some right old rubbish after the Sam Goldwyn contract Hollywood years ended, some pretty sleazy Italian thrillers (giallos as they're called), one of which had hardcore scenes with John Holmes edited in and shown in US cinemas under the title PENETRATION! But he kept going on stage, mixing the classics and unchallenging boulevard stuff. Also did a good interview for SCARLET STREET, a sadly defunct magazine.

Glebe

Worked my way through a Hitchcock boxset a while ago, nice to see him appear in some of the extra features. RIP FG.