Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best cunts in film

Started by An tSaoi, March 30, 2011, 12:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Quote from: Bingo Fury on March 31, 2011, 01:30:47 AM
But personally, I find when it's delivered by American actors they express the nastiness without any of the poetry. They're spitting the cunt out rather than rolling it around their mouths, if you will. It doesn't help that in American films and TV shows, it's so often used towards women, which, as far as I'm concerned, is sheer misuse.

Here's an example, from Your Friends & Neighbors. Jason Patric's character is a creepy horrible bastard in that movie. In fact all the characters are complete wankers:

YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS (1998) - "No One Actually Likes You!"

Serge

The swear box in 'Hot Fuzz' - a pan down that reveals that 'n*b' and 'f*ck' are censored, but 'cunt' (worth £2) isn't.

There's a nice touch in the TV version of Hot Fuzz where the words on the swearbox have been replaced with their non-offensive dubbed in equivalents.

Slaaaaabs

An tSaoi

Quote from: Queneau on March 31, 2011, 11:34:36 AM
Right at the start, isn't it? I rather like that film.

Yeah, I thought it was great. I'm surprised I'd never really heard much about if before. It never seems to get mentioned with all the other East End Thug films of that period. I suppose the height difference between the two leading men is a bit distracting, but I suppose you could put that down to McDowell's character imagining himself being taller, thinner and more handsome in his youth. That victim's-eye-view scene is amazing; far better than the ear-slicing scene in Reservoir Dogs, or other more famous torture-to-music scenes.

There are loads of 'cunts' in the film too, but that one was the stand-out for me.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Another one from Withnail and I.
QuoteDanny:
     So there's this judge sitting there sitting in a cape like fucking batman
     with this really rather far out looking hat
Withnail:
     A wig.
Danny:
     No man, this was more like a long white hat. So he looks at the
     coalman and says 'what's all this. This is a court man. This ain't
     fancy dress' and the coal man looks at him and says 'you think you
     look normal, your honour?'. Cunt give him two years.

babyshambler

Though not a film, the explietive delivered in the thanksgiving scene in Dexter is so out of the blue it's shocking. It always seems to have more impact, the more sparingly it is used.

Dexter S04E09 - Hungry Man (Thanksgiving Dinner) HD720p

at 2.22 in. I posted the whole scene as the build up helps set up the jarring impact of the cunt, which so contradicts the religiously flavoured dinner etiequette.

Gulftastic

Not a film, but Kenny Powers teamtalk in 'Eastbound & Down' is my favourite.

"There is no "I" in team but there is a "U" in 'cunt' so don't be little jealous cunts."

Lord Mandrake

Twin Town; "You killed our sister, Cunthead!"

hoverdonkey

Watched five minutes of Cemetery Junction last night and there's a good cunt in there.

It's the 'why does Noddy wear a hat with a bell on it?' gag and the punchline is said just as the door is opened to a door of startled wedding guests.

afunnydog

'You dead cunt' - Paul Bettany to someone he's just butchered in Gangster Number One

The best 'cunt' ever though is by McNulty in The Wire (not a film, I know) referring to his ex-wife:

"You know something? My ex-wife, the way she acts sometimes -- the way she deals with shit....<long pause> You would think a less enlightened man than myself, cruder man than myself -- a man less sensitized to the qualities and charms and value of women -- a man like that; not me, but a man like that: he just might call her a cunt."

mothman

I'm quite surprised no-one has mentioned Mission Impossible 2 yet. Not that the word is actually said in the film. . . It's just that whenever Dougray Scott's character addresses Tom Cruise's, you know he's not really calling him "Hunt."

dilloss

There's a few good ones in The Sopranos,my favourite
Junior: 'my nephew is a cunt hair from taking over New Jersey,......................and I'm that cunt hair'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: mothman on June 12, 2011, 08:16:29 PM
I'm quite surprised no-one has mentioned Mission Impossible 2 yet. Not that the word is actually said in the film. . . It's just that whenever Dougray Scott's character addresses Tom Cruise's, you know he's not really calling him "Hunt."

Haha, I'll never watch that film the same way again. And looking forward to it.

What worries me about all this is that 'cunt' is the last bastion of truly magnificent swearing. Once it becomes commonplace, as it undoubtedly is, where do we go from there? There'll be no plosive, four-letter expletives left that have the power to deliver a jolt. Threads like this will disappear forever as TV and film become routinely cuntified. Shame.

An tSaoi

We'll still have racial epitaphs.