Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Subtle and/or possibly erroneous movie connections

Started by An tSaoi, April 04, 2011, 11:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Didn't Kevin Smith do this a lot? Not that I like his films to be honest. In fact forget it, I don't want to have to think about those two irritating donkeys he put into every film.

momatt

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 04, 2011, 06:42:01 PM
I wonder if that means that, say, Reservoir Dogs takes place in a world where Hitler was assassinated, but it just never comes up.

Yes, I hope so!  Maybe it turned out that the assasination made bugger all difference in the end.

The Big Kahuna burger, which made its first appearance in Reservoir Dogs, was also eaten in From Dusk Till Dawn and Pulp Fiction.

kidsick5000

There's a scene in Twilight Zone The Movie where some soldiers talk about killing their Lt Neidermayer.
Neidermayer was in Animal House and is described in the end as being killed by his own troops in Vietnam.

2 Light Ales Please

I remember reading this on imbd ages ago: Michael Badalucco's character in O Brother Where Art Thou, George Nelson, hates cows because his character in another film[nb]Mac - Has John Turturro in it too.  Anyone know if it's any good?[/nb] loves cows.

Low Rent Ian Beale

QuoteThe other day I stumbled across the interesting theory that Keith Allen's short-lived character in Shallow Grave is the same drug dealer he subsequently played in Trainspotting, which takes place earlier.
that is mentioned on the shallow grave commentary.

How about the worlds unluckiest airline Oceanic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanic_Airlines

SteveDave

Quote from: icehaven on April 06, 2011, 08:18:26 PM
Didn't Kevin Smith do this a lot? Not that I like his films to be honest. In fact forget it, I don't want to have to think about those two irritating donkeys he put into every film.

Mallrats is set 3 days before Clerks because the girl who dies from swimming laps to lose weight for the TV show is whose funeral Dante & Randal get thrown out of. Baffleck & Joey Lauren Adams talk about some girl who fucked the man who dies on the toilet in Clerks too. Rick Derris appears in Clerks, is talked about in Mallrats & is the other fellow who has 3 way sex with Alissa in Chasing Amy.

There are more but I'm off organ shopping now. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SteveDave

Quote from: 2 Light Ales Please on April 09, 2011, 12:58:31 PM
What kind of organs?

In the end a slightly out of tune chord organ which means I can, now I'm getting fat, live out my Daniel Johnston fantasies.