Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kids books.

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 07, 2004, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveytaylor

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Yes, davey, there is a lot of implied sexuality at the end of the book which makes the ending a little strange.

I've never truly understood the ending as a child but looking back on it now I suppose it is either the boy's desire to simply have company (no matter how psychotic) or he wanted the girl to have a chance to kill him because he didn't have the nerve to do it himself.

The other option of course is that he was thinking with his dick and expecting a threesome. I suppose only John Christopher has the answer to that.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quotevermschneid. I hadn't realised you were attempting humour.

No problem fanny. You're hardly the first one.

To salvage this post, I'll ante up one of my favourite books:

Wasn't that book just fucking ace!?

Raminagrobis

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
They meet the bloody Lamb of Christ at the end of Voyage of the Dawn Treader though, so fuck knows what he's playing at.

He used to call himself an atheist but converted to Christianity later in life (and preached the benefits of Christianity with all the zeal of a convert).

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/gaunilo2/mere.html

The author of this article reckons that Lewis was never a proper atheist in the first place (whatever that means). I've got Mere Christianity sitting on my shelf, unread and gathering dust. Maybe I should give it a read and finally let Jesus into my life. Then I can go around annoying people with a holier-than-thou attitude and a moronic grin on my face.[/url]

Kawaii Five-O

From Litweb.net:
QuoteAs the autobiography SURPRISED BY JOY (1955) of his early life demonstrates, the watershed in Lewis's life was his conversion from atheism to Christianity. He started to publish popular religious books, among them A PILGRIM'S REGRESS (1933), a thinly disguised allegory of his own conversion

I think The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was published in 1950, so if he'd converted to Christianity before 1933 then it's likely he wasn't an atheist when writing it (unless it was written long before publication).