Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Guilty pleasures.

Started by rjd2, April 07, 2011, 06:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have to admit, that fuckwit making a tit of himself on last week's Take Me Out was such good telly, I immediately switched over to ITV2 for the spin-off show presented by that TOWIE prick. It was like I needed more Take Me Out. I immediately realised the error of my ways and switched off after a couple of minutes and paused to contemplate what I had just done. I felt like Zammo licking skag off the toilet floor.

Blue Jam

I haven't gone that far (and I used to watch The Xtra Factor) but watching all of this crap reality TV is making me feel a bit dirty. I'm sure it can't be healthy and there are better things I could be doing with my time, like pissing about on the internet.

Dead kate moss

Sorry BJ, but Take Me Out - The Gossip is annoyingly essential. You have been told.

And no, she definitely honestly genuinely didn't like that model guy. Oh no.

biggytitbo

Paddy McGuiness always strikes me as the kind of man who would kill a sex worker after he'd has too much to drink.

I've never seen Take Me Out though.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dead kate moss on February 11, 2012, 04:58:39 PM
Sorry BJ, but Take Me Out - The Gossip is annoyingly essential. You have been told.

Alright, I'll tune in to see Chelsea and The Model Guy's first hatefuck.

Blue Jam

Cracking Take Me Out tonight. Loved Amal's "they were all mooses anyway" but I was a little disappointed that Paddy didn't say the Mancunian/German Tory Boy was "like a sexy Gunther von Hagens!" Chelsea might have enjoyed her date with The Model if only she hadn't been so determined to not enjoy it and to look unimpressed. They were like Josie and Kingsley in Fresh Meat (and probably hatefucked once the cameras had stopped rolling).

Dead kate moss

Yes. I've been feeling guilty about recommending TMO-TG as it is in no way well made or enjoyable in the same way as the main show. But if you are genuinely curious about the contestants and their dates, you get a better idea than on the edited-to-go-with-the-narrative bits on the main show.

The funniest thing tonight was all the lights going out at the mention of studying ancient history. He should have lost more for being a tory, but not to be harsh I don't think half the contestants would know what he meant if he said he was a Young Fascist. Which he was, but one that couldn't sing opera.

Blue Jam

After I ended up watching all of The Bachelor With Gavin Henson I should probably avoid falling under your bad influence from now on.

Dead kate moss

You wouldn't take back a single Gav-second and we both know it. The worst bit was when it ended.

Blue Jam

This is true... The only thing that has come close to The Bachelor's brilliance/awfulness is Playing It Straight  but it's just not the same. It could really do with a gay male Cawianne.

Famous Mortimer

"Wipeout".

But I hate Richard Hammond! And the show's ridiculous!

Jerzy Bondov

I love Gracie on Take Me Out. I would like to take her out.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 12, 2012, 12:50:29 PM

Maybe for a nice meal?

Jerzy Bondov

Yes, I think that would be really nice. We'd have a lovely time.

Blue Jam

Playing It Straight update: my gaydar's 100% record has been broken as Levi is straight, but he also seemed a bit rapey so fuck it, it's his loss Cara. I really wanted to see Sven go, I'm now thinking he's in the gays but either way he's a twat and gets twattier by the week.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 12, 2012, 12:50:29 PM

Oh yes, Gracie is the real star of the show. I wonder if the producers have paid her to switch her light off more than  she really wants to. Or if she's actually got a boyfriend. She probably has. It's probably The Model.

holyzombiejesus

I'm not sure about the new pimped up Pointless. Little spotlights all over the place and a picture round? Five categories to choose from at the end instead of 3 seems a bit excessive too but at least they've got rid of the golf one. Really glad that the beautiful Anna won the huge jackpot last night though.

Subtle Mocking

I hate that third round already, but it does look pretty in HD.

holyzombiejesus

It's really jarring, isn't it? The third round was my favourite round too. Oh well, sure I'll get used to it.
I haven't got a HD tv but I'm kinda glad, as having to look at that hideous Min in greater detail would have made me churn up my tea.

Famous Mortimer

I do wish they wouldn't mess with a winning formula.

Gradual Decline

That third round felt incredibly drawn-out. Also, as holyzombiejesus pointed out, it jars awkwardly thanks to the introduction of the picture clues. I hereby demand a return to a text only Pointless.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Gradual Decline on February 14, 2012, 03:28:03 PM
That third round felt incredibly drawn-out. Also, as holyzombiejesus pointed out, it jars awkwardly thanks to the introduction of the picture clues. I hereby demand a return to a text only Pointless.

True. Previously, they've had a contestant with impaired vision, and Alexander gave a her a braille copy of the clues. They can't do that in a picture round.

Dead kate moss

The World According To Paris

QuoteCritic reviews

Entertainment Weekly gave the series a "D", stating that, unlike Keeping Up with the Kardashians, it "fails to deliver any frothy fun and the star comes across as completely unlikable". Alessandra Stanley of the The New York Times writes that Paris comes off as "a Sony Walkman in an iPod era, a Friendster in the age of Facebook." Brian Lowry of Variety writes the show reeks of hypocrisy: "Paris laments how the paparazzi intrude on her life, and then she allows a camera crew to watch her bathe", and sticks to her "old tricks" like "showing up for court-ordered community service in Louboutin high heels." Melissa Coleman of The Shizz writes that Hilton's attempt to be seen as a serious businesswoman backfires: "If Hilton thinks that insulting her friends, whining to her boyfriend to get her way, and refusing to lift a finger will portray her as a serious businesswoman, she's delusional."

It's also completely fake and every episode obviously contrived to make Paris look good, in which it fails, despite her being the exec producer.

Jake Thingray

Idly going through the Freeview menu earlier, I suddenly stopped in my tracks at the sight of the programme title Late Lunch. Alas, it was actually something on that shopping rubbish QVC.

Custard

Another shout for The Hotel here.

The hotel owner Mark is just fantastic to watch. His never less than sunny and optimistic attitude despite the neverending bleakness of his surroundings, snippy staff, and tossbag customers is hugely entertaining, though I can imagine that having him as your actual boss would be truly hellish. Or having to sit in a room with him for more than thirty seconds

There was a great episode the other day where Mark was trying to think up new ideas for the outdoor area of the hotel, and eventually came up with inflatable dolphin racing in the pool. Him then trying to sell it to his staff and customers to generally blank faces, really made me laff. He's a great reality-show character. A bit of a wally, but a likeable, very entertaining one

Pity I find the obese assistant lady hugely annoying, and the hair-dyed campy receptionist so tiresome though, otherwise it'd be a near perfect show for me

Next week's christmas episode looks great, and it'll be a shame to see the series end. A wonderful slice of harmless, trashy tv, for all the family. If you hate them enough

Anyone tried to watch the first series? Thought it'd be more of the same, so was sad to see it was based in a completely different hotel, with different staff. Felt a lot slower and less fun, too

I used to love The Armstrongs too, but sadly there are next to no clips on yer YouTubes

Quote from: Shameless on February 20, 2012, 10:26:39 PM

Pity I find the obese assistant lady hugely annoying, and the hair-dyed campy receptionist so tiresome though, otherwise it'd be a near perfect show for me

I agree that those two are tiresome and annoying, but I wouldn't say it's to the detriment of the show. One of the reasons I love The Hotel is because it's characters like these that up the cringe factor. In fact, the only person who doesn't come across as a bit of a knob is Mark's son. I like him. Even though he talks about how his dad's put his business ahead of being a father, there's a real affection between the two of them.

Quote from: Shameless on February 20, 2012, 10:26:39 PM

Anyone tried to watch the first series? Thought it'd be more of the same, so was sad to see it was based in a completely different hotel, with different staff. Felt a lot slower and less fun, too

Yeah, I watched it when it originally aired. It was okay but nowhere near as good as the current series. If I remember correctly, it was a bit more serious in tone, with stuff like the Polish chef who was constantly drinking because he was homesick and the manager telling that story about becoming a father at 16 (or something) and never seeing the kid.

I really hope they do the next series at The Grovesnor again. It would be interesting to see how the staff react to becoming minor celebrities. Mark showed up on TV Burp the other week and you could tell he was loving the limelight.

Custard

Ha, yeah, the manager's story of his long-lost son kinda knocked the fun out of that episode

And you're quite right about Mark's staff, but I do find them tiresome. The woman constantly shouting at Mark, even though he's her boss and paying her wages, makes me wanna scream at times. I wouldn't last five minutes with her

I enjoyed the northern grandad guest a few weeks ago (episode three, I think) who had taken his grandkids there on holiday. "Look at that bloke in the pool. Look at him, with his jewellery on. Anyone with that much jewellery on is a pillock. What a pillock"

Just watching Mother Truckers at the moment. Who says I waste days off? Oh, you. WELL SHUT UP.

SOTS

Thought i'd mention here that I tweeted about how I didn't like Sven from "Playing It Straight" because he comes across badly on the show and the bugger "favourited" the tweet, the bastard. I didn't even realise he was on Twitter!

The only reason I said it was because I think she's essentially left herself with three gays and Sven, who I think might be straight. But if he's not he'll have the easiest job convincing her that he is and then bag everything.

Famous Mortimer

I just finished watching "Strike Back", and it was great. Absolute trash with barely a redeeming feature - our two heroes quip, fuck and shoot themselves out of pretty much every tight corner they get themselves into, and the evil Muslim terrorist is dispatched with extreme prejudice at the end of it (spoilers, as if you doubted it for a second). But there are nice Muslims in it, and kids get rescued...but it's mainly about fucking and shooting.

Blue Jam

Quote from: SOTS on February 27, 2012, 04:45:11 PM
Thought i'd mention here that I tweeted about how I didn't like Sven from "Playing It Straight" because he comes across badly on the show and the bugger "favourited" the tweet, the bastard. I didn't even realise he was on Twitter!

Bloody typical of Sven, the bastard. I did something like this with The Apprentice when I tweeted that I was sad not to be seeing more of the marvellously posh Raleigh Addington after he quit. The chap himself tweeted me a posh and polite thankyou, just as one would expect. Bloody nice bloke... I think that's the only time I've inadvertently bothered a reality TV type on Twitter.

...anyway, guiltily looking forward to the PiS finale here too. My 100% gay-guessing record is in tatters as I'd had Levi and Jordan down as gheyers. Of the remaining hombres I reckon Sven and Sam are in the gays while Danny and Dean are hetties, but I'm probably wrong. I have a horrible feeling The Lovely Cara™ will pick Sven "to be on the safe side" and he'll laugh in her face before leaving with £50K, doing a walk somewhere between a swagger and a mince as he leaves Cara wondering how she'll afford the massive psychiatry bill now.

Oh gawd I hate myself...

Quote from: SOTS on February 27, 2012, 04:45:11 PM

The only reason I said it was because I think she's essentially left herself with three gays and Sven, who I think might be straight. But if he's not he'll have the easiest job convincing her that he is and then bag everything.

Well here's a funny coincidence! After university challenge tonight I tweeted:

QuoteKarran is clearly a bad influence on Andrews. Stop goofing around. This is #universitychallenge

And then I came here and read this post (and others), then returned to twitter, only to find that Karran himself had favourited my tweet. That's weird.