Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:31:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Xbawx TreeSiddy] Full House Poker

Started by Big Jack McBastard, April 08, 2011, 05:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

How yis lot!

Fancy a game of this, this evening?

Time to be determined.

Tags of those on the roster so far:

fuzzglitch
Big Jack McB
gorillabingo (?)
Sir Harry Flash
Jiggerouzo (possibly)

9?

10?

Something I noticed about last night's tourney is that anybody knocked out early had nothing to do. Even if there was another tourney afterwards it would be boring for them to spectate and wait. Can we enable re-buys this time?

Jack, could you edit in the tags of people interested in participating in your post so that we know who to invite? If not, I can do it. I'm fuzzglitch.

Big Jack McBastard

I'm easy time-wise I'll go with the general consensus, provided we get one.

I've actually yet to DL the game so the settings would probably be best left in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

mycroft

Will we say 9pm then?

Also, Brian Shelf may be joining.

Penfold

sorry, missed this it seems, currently watching CaB recommended films Timecrimes (which was awesome) and now 13: Game of Death.[nb]bought them after reading about them in that thread about those films that time but only now got round to watching them[/nb]

but yeah, i'm gorillabingo and hide yo bases because i'm raping bases, sub-bosses, and yeah you get the idea.

Basically, if it's still going at 11 then let me know and i'll come on, if not i'll be around other times.

mycroft

I'll probably be around for a couple of hours from 8 onwards. Had a great Ranked Multiplayer this afternoon. Really exciting. Went down to 150 chips and worked my way back up to chip leader and then went down with a pair of aces to a straight on the river in one on one showdown at the end. Excellent stuff.

chumfatty

OOoh yeah, I'm OCROOSTER, may be on any second soon, first a cup of Tea needs to be made.

buntyman

Some tips I've figured out for abusing the single player mode of this game:

If you want the "It's Like the Wave" (the one where ten players have to do a chip trick during the same hand) achievement but can't find ten people to do this with you at once, just create a single player table with ten bot players, turn off turn timers, and do nothing when it's your turn apart from a chip trick. Just leave the game sitting there waiting for you to call, raise or fold. Since the bot players do chip tricks while they're waiting, eventually every player on the table will have done a trick and you'll get the achievement. This took about ten minutes for me.

If you want to make lots of money and level up, play single player high/low mode. The computer AI is completely broken in this. If you go all in, every player still in the hand will call you, even if they have nothing. So you can essentially just go all in every time you've got a likely hand, with the confidence that you will be called. It doesn't even matter if you get a bad beat, because you will have probably doubled up five times over by that point.