Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sports Show with Norm Macdonald

Started by 3-d lobster, April 14, 2011, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Tiny Poster on June 22, 2011, 12:04:04 PM
Have you not heard Ridiculous, or seen Dirty Work? I don't think he's hatefully homphobic/sexist, just what you might call 'old-fashioned'. And he really doesn't care if others find him funny, he only does what amuses him.
Yes, but years ago, and no because I heard it wasn't very good.

Eh, I'm not going to go out of my way to attack him, I just think he went over the line from being "old-fashioned" to being a sexist asshole with Sports Show, and it probably deserved to get cancelled as he ran out of funny ideas for it, and quickly.

Tiny Poster

Ridiculous has a sketch with Will Ferrell (diong his Harry Caray voice) about 'The First Two Gay Guys'. The jokes more about the notion of homosexuality being a late 20th century invention, but it does have a slightly unpleasant undertone.

Dirty Work isn't the worst SNL film ever - it has its moments. But there's a lot of humour mined from 'hookers'.

Famous Mortimer

It's nice to have a reasonable discussion about this - when the AV Club ran this story and I mentioned in the comments pretty much what I said above, there was a fair bit of "you're a prude / PC asshole / just stop watching" sort of replies. The irony of the person who replied "just stop watching" to defend a man whose latest show was cancelled due to low viewing figures was apparently lost on them.

Tiny Poster

I enjoyed each episode really; a lot of Norm's appeal for me rides on his not-giving-a-fuck if people find his stuff funny, and surfing on the awkwardness that creates.