Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sonic Generations

Started by Spiteface, April 22, 2011, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

PC version £13.56 on GreenManGaming with the AUTUM-NSALE-20PEC code.

Spiteface

It certainly beats the mental prices I've seen for the "Collector's Edition", which at best are over £80...

I can honestly say this game is the one game this year I've been genuinely excited for. And that was BEFORE I saw Sky Sanctuary. Sorry, I've just come. I love it.

madhair60

Well, it's out, and so far they've nailed it.  Done the whole classic era, and there's loooooads of replay value and fanwanky content. The fanservice is off the charts.

Spiteface

Yeah, I'm nearing the end, currently on Planet Wisp (Modern)[nb]Which now has me wanting a Wii just for Sonic Colors[/nb], and I've loved the little references here and there (the posters in City Escape etc), and how spot-on they seem to have got "Classic" Sonic's gameplay, which proves they can do it, and begs the question why they couldn't quite do this with Sonic 4.  I find myself subconsciously double-tapping the jump button and wondering why he doesn't do the homing attack though. I have no idea why I do this. Oddly even though he doesn't talk, he has so much more character than the modern one.

I'm not sure of the practicalities of doing omitted levels as DLC (how big would the files be for all-new textures, enemies etc), but the potential is enormous for that stuff later on.

madhair60

You can unlock the homing attack for Classic - get all the red rings in Planet Wisp act 1.

Finished it on Saturday, and absolutely loved it.  Easily the best "modern" Sonic, and close to being my second fave overall, behind Sonic 3 and Knuckles.  The only things I dislike are City Escape Modern (which is way too close to SA2's original, which I never liked), and the final boss which is pap.  So much content left to see and play, and the game is unutterably beautiful.

Consignia

I'm vaguely interested in this game, but I'm not sure I want to pay full whack for it. The demo wasn't super exciting, especially the modern bit, but I've real hankering for some decent Sonicage, and Generations would sate the hunger. Might just wait a few weeks and see if it drops in price.

madhair60

The PC version is pretty cheap on Green Man Gaming, and registers on Steam.  I can honestly say it's my second favourite Sonic ever, after 3 and Knuckles.

buntyman

Just played through this game and thought it was brilliant, the best Sonic game yet in my opinion although not played COLORS yet. I like the amount of additional challenges to go back to after playing the main game, the red coin hunt looks like it'd take a good while. I've only rented it so I'll be sending it back soon but will probably buy it when it's for sale at under a tenner. Shame the last boss was so shite, I beat it first time without really understanding what I was doing.