Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PS3 Network down for a few days

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, April 22, 2011, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoochDogHigh5s

Is there a way to get the Manuals to the games that I have downloaded?
Are Playstation giving us them?

Viero_Berlotti

There's a way of seeing the manuals online on your PS3:

QuoteSoftware manuals

You may be able to view the software manual for the PlayStation® format software that you have downloaded. To view the manual, press the PS button on the wireless controller during gameplay, and then select [Software Manual] from the screen that is displayed.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/dlgamestart.html

GoochDogHigh5s

Still Not George

Quick random flamebait.

Everyone in the entire world has now been hacked by lulzsec, including Nintendo, SEGA, your gran, Iceland, and several sparrows. Can we all agree now that the Sony thing was in fact not nearly as big a fucking deal as everyone was making out solidly for a month, since by this point your personal details have been harvested from every single site in existence?

jutl

Quote from: Still Not George on June 18, 2011, 05:54:05 PM
Quick random flamebait.

Everyone in the entire world has now been hacked by lulzsec, including Nintendo, SEGA, your gran, Iceland, and several sparrows. Can we all agree now that the Sony thing was in fact not nearly as big a fucking deal as everyone was making out solidly for a month, since by this point your personal details have been harvested from every single site in existence?

Yes, just like rape becomes a less serious crime in years when it happens more.

Still Not George

*applauds*

BEST ANALOGY EVER!

Next up from Jutl: How Nintendo's bold gamble with the Wii U is just like the Nazis' bold gamble in Czechoslovakia.

jutl

Quote from: Still Not George on June 18, 2011, 06:24:01 PM
*applauds*

BEST ANALOGY EVER!

Next up from Jutl: How Nintendo's bold gamble with the Wii U is just like the Nazis' bold gamble in Czechoslovakia.

Obviously Sony's failing to keep their Apache installation up to date and losing 77m people's details is egregious, no matter what the context. As you started by acknowledging that you were trolling I thought you might already have realised this, but clearly not. 

Little Hoover

Playing Wipeout has been quite nostalgic, and exactly the sort of game you want to have but don't want to pay for. It's fun but a lot of the track designs leave a little to be desired. The greatest joy in wipeout was going towards a ramp and hitting the turbo drive over it. But you have to be careful doing that in this game because it'll often mean you crash into the side of something or you'll hit the top of the tunnel. It's no fun giving you big jumps if you have to be cautious around them.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Still Not George on June 18, 2011, 05:54:05 PM
Quick random flamebait.

I would have thought the main thing most PS3 owners were pissed off about was the fact it stayed off for an entire month. Most people don't care about their personal details[nb] short of their debit card details[/nb], except people who are a bit obsessive about it and some who know how much their details actually are worth (less than a penny? not very much anyway).

An entire month off - has any internet service provided by a such a large company been disabled for so long, ever?

Still Not George

Quote from: jutl on June 18, 2011, 06:53:47 PM
Obviously Sony's failing to keep their Apache installation up to date and losing 77m people's details is egregious, no matter what the context.

I know, the parallels with rape are so overwhelming, I'm completely convinced.

Viero_Berlotti

The thing I've always thought about the theft of massive amounts of personal data like this is that its a bit like stealing the Mona Lisa and then trying to sell it on down the pub. It's so hot it's really of no use to anyone. Have there been any significant reports of people having their bank accounts cleared or any other criminal activity due to this data loss? I might be wrong but the theft of this data seems to me like it was more of a personal victory for the hacker(s) than anything else.

jutl

Quote from: Still Not George on June 18, 2011, 08:34:58 PM
I know, the parallels with rape are so overwhelming, I'm completely convinced.

Nice try. Are you bored or something?

Still Not George

Quote from: jutl on June 19, 2011, 09:04:56 AM
Nice try. Are you bored or something?

Not really - I completely wasn't expecting your response, so that brightened up my evening somewhat.