Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PS3 Network down for a few days

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, April 22, 2011, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on June 03, 2011, 07:50:28 PM
Excuse my ignorance but how much space on the hard drive would full games like LBP and Infamous take up? Not sure I've got that much space left on mine.....

Infamous is a smidgeon over seven gig; already own LBP, but am guessing that would probably be a little big bigger.

Quote from: wheatgod on June 04, 2011, 02:10:40 AM
I get an error when trying the Playstation Store....

I got that and the fucker relented after about 9 attempts.

Viero_Berlotti

Yeah I'm getting an error too, but with everyone trying to get their free stuff all at once it was obvious that this would cause problems. I just managed to download Streets Of Rage II on PS Plus though so you can get through if you keep trying.

wheatgod

Fucking piece of shit sony wanker fuckers!

wheatgod

I'm now downloading Wipeout and InFamous. Fucking cunts.

Nik Drou

Speaking of which, that Infamous 2 demo is nice and hefty.  That'll keep me occupied until the game hits 6 quid or so.

I'm going for Wipeout HD and probably Dead Nation. 

Depressed Beyond Tables

Infamous and LBP. I don't know why. Sony cunts also.

Is there anything worth recommending on this Playstation Plus malarky or is it a pile of septic ol' goolies?

Little Hoover

To be honest, I don't really care enough about any of these games, I don't want them I just feel I should take advantage because their free, but that isn't really much reason.

Cold Meat Platter

I feel the same way.
Plus I only have a couple of gigs left on my 40g hard drive.
Don't suppose anyone knows whether I have to actually download them or if I can simply claim them to dl later?

hoverdonkey

I'm going to get Wipeout. Already have LBP, so what would you suggest as my second game?

Obel

Easily Dead Nation. It's a great little romp, especially fun co-operatively. It's the kind of game I wish there was more of...

I barely use my PS3 for games, not sure if I've really used PSN network apart from checking out a few demos when I got my PS3 18 months ago. But free games are free. I grabbed LBP and Dead Nation.

chand

Quote from: Obel on June 04, 2011, 06:06:49 PM
Easily Dead Nation. It's a great little romp, especially fun co-operatively. It's the kind of game I wish there was more of...

What, top-down zombie shooters? There's at least three others on the PSN; Zombie Apocalypse, Burn Zombie Burn and Age Of Zombies. Dead Nation is the slickest though.

Obel

Quote from: chand on June 04, 2011, 11:00:34 PM
What, top-down zombie shooters? There's at least three others on the PSN; Zombie Apocalypse, Burn Zombie Burn and Age Of Zombies. Dead Nation is the slickest though.

Ah, alright. I'm a 360 gamer I just play Dead Nation on my friends PS3, forgive my ignorance!

Still Not George

Yeah, if anything there are way, way too many zombie shooters out there.

Zero Gravitas

Tell that to the Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle!

Santa's Boyfriend

I don't have any of these games, will probably get LBP but am unsure of which other game to get.  Any recommendations?

Consignia

Does anyone here have multiple PSN accounts for different regions? Do you get 2 free games per account? Or is it tied to your hardware? I could probably clean up with 3 active accounts.

EDIT: Apparently yes, you get 2 games per account, plus the 2 PSP games. Pity the selection is a bit meh.

wheatgod

WipeOut HD is a laugh. I went for inFamous too, played the demo a while back and enjoyed it.

An tSaoi

Right, I logged in for the first time since the hack, now where do I go to get my free stuff? What free stuff in particular should I go for?

Consignia

Quote from: An tSaoi on June 07, 2011, 09:23:50 PM
Right, I logged in for the first time since the hack, now where do I go to get my free stuff? What free stuff in particular should I go for?

You go into the PSN store, and there should be a big banner that says welcome back pack. Click on that and pick the free pack, and then pick the games from category.

I must say, I don't paricularly care for infamous, disappointing as it looked so promising.

Puffin Chunks

Am I being an idiot[nb]Probably[/nb]?

I downloaded InFamous and left it at that whilst I decided what else to get. I've now gone back for Dead Nation and I cannot find anywhere to download it.

When I got the Welcome Back pack, I added it and was taken to the games. Now the Welcome back page only has PlayStation Plus listed on the right hand side. I get links for Welcome Back, the available games and Playstation Plus on the left hand side of the screen, but clicking on any of them doesn't do anything. Searching for Dead Nation also turns up a blank (lots of trailers, add-ons and the like, but no link to the full game).

Is this a temporary glitch? Has anyone else managed to download their free games in 2 parts? Help! I want my other free game!

riotinlagos

Quote from: Puffin Chunks on June 08, 2011, 10:13:23 AM
Am I being an idiot[nb]Probably[/nb]?

I downloaded InFamous and left it at that whilst I decided what else to get. I've now gone back for Dead Nation and I cannot find anywhere to download it.

When I got the Welcome Back pack, I added it and was taken to the games. Now the Welcome back page only has PlayStation Plus listed on the right hand side. I get links for Welcome Back, the available games and Playstation Plus on the left hand side of the screen, but clicking on any of them doesn't do anything. Searching for Dead Nation also turns up a blank (lots of trailers, add-ons and the like, but no link to the full game).

Is this a temporary glitch? Has anyone else managed to download their free games in 2 parts? Help! I want my other free game!

This happened to me too, but the solution is fairly simple:
Go into account management-> transaction management-> services list-> welcome back free game PS3-> select content

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: riotinlagos on June 08, 2011, 11:27:03 AM
This happened to me too, but the solution is fairly simple:
Go into account management-> transaction management-> services list-> welcome back free game PS3-> select content

Yes, I had the same problem. The above worked for me also.

Puffin Chunks

GoochDogHigh5s

Is WipEout HD/Fury just an expansion pack ?

wheatgod

No you get Wipeout HD AND the Fury expansion pack. 2 games in 1 mate!

GoochDogHigh5s

Quote from: wheatgod on June 08, 2011, 05:48:06 PM
No you get Wipeout HD AND the Fury expansion pack. 2 games in 1 mate!
Cheers
Good stuff

GoochDogHigh5s

GRRR
I have downloaded Wipeout, but the expansion pack has got corrupted data
Ditto InFamous
Any ideas?

wheatgod

Yeah, next time you download something don't corrupt it.

mcbpete

Delete and download again I guess ...
Wipeout Fury it meant to look glitchy on loading by the way !