Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pick a Panel

Started by Not Me, May 29, 2004, 06:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Me

I saw on the Have I Got New For You thread that people have got their own ideas for who should be presenting the show.  So here's a task if you're bored, choose who should fill the roles on the comedy quiz shoes of your choice.  I reckon there's a formula though so heres the suggestions:

BUZZCOCKS - Lamarr, Bailey or Hughes, one current pop star, one current indie-ish type star, one comedian, one veteran pop star

HIGNFY - Deayton or random celeb host, Merton, Hislop, then a selection of two of the followuing - One politcal type, one news reader type, one newspaper editor type, one comedian etc etc

Or a different one.

For me, on Buzzcocks I would like:

Sean Hughes over Bill Bailey cos although I love Bill Bailey the show is much shitter since Hughes left I reckon, mainly cause of Lamarr's constant over-highlighting of Bailey's wildlife obsession

Comedy Type - Stewart Lee, because I love him and he's not on telly very much, know he's a music fan too so would be in the know
Veteran Musician - Johnny Rotten, because he's quite amusing still in an embarassing way (see I'm a Celeb)
Indie Type - Guy Garvey from Elbow, reckon from his lyrics he'd be quite witty.  Also cos he looks a bit like a tramp
Pop Star Type - Charlie from Busted, so he could be mercilessly ridiculed