Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:44:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Descent

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, May 05, 2011, 01:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remedial_gash

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 09, 2011, 02:33:20 AM
Yeah I didn't have a problem with the car bit either. I'm quite intrigued by the notion that the monsters aren't real, that the lead character is going insane (Descent into madness) and is killing off her friends on her own, and imagining the monsters (which would be fairly easy to do inside a pitch black cave). Don't think that was the intention but it gives it a slightly different tone if you watch it with that in mind.

I really like that way of reading the film - kind of like switchblade romance/haute tension. Yeah, that's cool.

Gash
x

Capt.Midnight

I always imagined the cave as a massive vagina.

babyshambler

^

The descunt?

I loved it. The shocks were shocking, and the ending, bleak.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Please don't bump. I'm enjoying the descent.

Custard

Brilliant film, methinks. One of the bestest 'orrors of recent times, absolutely.

Have found everything else Neil Marshall has done laughably bad, mind. One hit wonder, etc.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Has anyone seen Centurion? It didn't show in my local cinema and I'm uncertain about getting it on DVD, having been on the fence about Doomsday (which was very entertaining, but a step down from Marshall's first two films).