Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

God Games

Started by Up T Bloody Tree, May 09, 2011, 10:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small_world

Doesn't matter... I've got it... Woop.

MojoJojo

Did they ever fix the cleaners? They always broke in Theme Park, and in Theme Hospital they just did whatever the hell they wanted to which meant you needed far more than you should have done.

small_world

Bah.
No. Cleaners and 'entertainers'. Who both just decide to do what the fuck they want. Entertainers worst of all, who seem to stick around for a few minutes, then fuck off to the park's entrance.

It may have been down to the interface, something about it seemed slow, or the fact that it would only play in a small window (opening into a full screen moved the frame off to the left, cutting a portion of the screen off) but I just couldn't play it.
I had a few goes too, set up a few different games, tried a few things. But it just wasn't the same.

Nostalgia is a cruel mistress.

I'm giving Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 a whirl now though.

SetToStun

Wasn't it in the manuals that cleaners and entertainers would do exactly that if you didn't watch them and move them to where you needed them? I seem to remember that you were supposed to have to keep watch over them as part of the management of your site. I may be wrong about that, of course, but I'm pretty sure it was behaviour by design.

small_world

Probably. And you can create a path for them, and they'll pretty much stick to it.
But I don't know, the magic was no longer there.

MojoJojo

The cleaners in Theme Park, in both the Amiga and PC versions, suffered from a bug that resulted in them running around in little circles when your Park had been going for some time. I think it only happened if you assigned them paths.

small_world

It's all about Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.
Spent all day on it.

Fucking hell.