Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Akira - cause for celebration!

Started by VegaLA, May 19, 2011, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Quote from: madhair60 on July 14, 2011, 09:09:43 PM
Thankfully, this seems to have been shitcanned.

Thread title remains true.

Ah, it was never going to happen anyway. These Hollywood remakes frequently get touted, but never make it much beyond the proposal stage. It would be interesting if James Cameron ever makes good on his long standing promise to make Battle Angel Alita, since it his pet project.

EDIT: Ho-ho a twist in the plot; new director Link

momatt

Quote from: madhair60 on July 14, 2011, 09:09:43 PM
Thankfully, this seems to have been shitcanned.

Thread title remains true.

As shit as it might be, I hope the film actually gets made.  It has massive potential, it could even be alright if set in New York if the right people are involved.  Plus if it flops, I can feel superior and clever.

Interesting link Consignia - So Warner had the rights, let them lapse and bought them back again for a few million $.  Are they just pissing about?

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Consignia on July 14, 2011, 09:29:35 PM
EDIT: Ho-ho a twist in the plot; new director Link

Did they go out of their way to find the most generic and anonymous director? Unless they can find someone whose name can justify the (probably) enormous budget, they shouldn't bother. You can't sell a film to the general public as being based on an acclaimed manga if it costs $100m.